At Shaw's 1 year check up:
length - 31.25 " = 90%ile
weight - 21 lb. = 25 %ile
Our string bean baby boy
Additional note - He still refuses to walk. If we make any attempt to get him to stand, walk assisted, or anything that resembles independent walking skills, he collapses like a drunken sailor. Smarty pants knows exactly what we're doing. He is, however, a great climber over make shift stair gates as exhibited here:
Britt went on a fieldtrip with his class. He had to wear a name tag. He left it on all day, so when we were at the store shopping an employee there said, "Hey Brittan! Hope you're doing well!" Britt looked at me shocked that the guy knew his name. I told him that it was because he had his name tag on. Brittan said, "I think he also recognized me from being in the newspaper mom!"
Kennedy was walking with Britt one day and Britt was being very slow and looked like he was really concentrating on something. Kennedy told him to hurry and he said, "I'm just thinking that lots of these people [driving by] are thinking 'Hey, that's the boy from the newspaper' "
He then stated that if he hit the 200 mile mark, he would be able to make it on the news.
A healthy dose of self esteem.
Another funny story about Brittan: We were at Wal-mart shopping. They have 2 entrances. When we headed towards the store from the parking lot, he analyzed both doors. He said, "Mom, we need to go in through those doors." I wondered why. He stated, "Through those doors, it's the food court," (written on the building above those doors) "and through those doors there's lower prices." (written on the building above those doors). If only it were that simple.
Kids are the world's best observers.
Taiden's way of saying, "I'm sorry" after an ornery episode:
I love you, Mom
Sincerely,
Taterbug
3 comments:
I love the random kids stuff. That is all my blog is about.
That's hilarious about Britt & never forgetting about the newspaper. :)
It's not just younger kids, either - my 18 yr. old nephew who's graduationg next week got his name on the marquee at Bountiful High and he'll never get tired of hearing/thinking about it.
How great that Taiden lwrites you apology notes.
Love the random update. Those are the little things that are so cute but may go forgotten were it not for the blessed blog. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment