Friday, May 15, 2009

Through the Decades of My Mind

You know you're maturing in age when you can recall things from your past in DECADES.

Decades, people.

Like, "Oh, I wore those shoes 24 years ago, Kennedy."

Almost 2.5 decades ago.

It's crazy to see the styles that YOU wore as a youth coming back around for another try.  A few minor adjustments and tweaks, but ultimately the same fashion attempt.

Remember these sandals?







They're back in all their strappy glory.  


I wore 'em.  In fact, I wore 'em in junior high.  Kennedy loves 'em.  I can't say that I have the same adoration now like I did when I was her age.  I don't know exactly why? Maybe it's because kids in 2009 don't accompany these multi-buckled beauties with electric blue mascara and the fresh smell of permed hair cut into a bob hairdo.

But, I also realize that I'm out of it when it comes to the reinvented 80's styles.

So, Kennedy and I compromised and wound up with these: 


Much more palatable for my fashion taste in this current decade.  A little more feminine.  A little less strappy.  Cute, and trendy, and cool all at the same time.

And a little less like she should be in a gladiator arena.



4 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

SO CUTE, way better then the others. I too can not swallow the gladiator sandall. just can't see it, just don't get it, refuse to support it. that and skinny jeans...what the!?

Rita said...

Love 'em!

Leslie said...

Oh, do I remember those sandals! Are we really that old?! I love your pick!!

Aim said...

I remember those too, I had some it was probably about 5th or 6th grade. A couple of my nieces were wearing the gladiator ones the other day and my thought was, oh no not those again.