Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's My (Son's) Party and I'll Cry if I Want To


Old Father Time needs to retire.  


Seriously.

Yesterday was Shaw's 1st birthday.  I cried multiple times throughout the day.  Real tears.  I had reflective moments about the past year and the time leading up to his birth. We prayerfully waited a year and a half for news that we were expecting a new bundle of drooly goodness.  The answers to our prayers, in the form of one amazingly mellow, incredibly happy, and simply adorable baby boy has taught us so much.  I know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and is aware of my heart.  Our Father answers our prayers according to His will. Sometimes we have to be taught patience and lessons in faith.  Thankfully, He blesses us with help and support through those around us.  I'm so grateful for what I have been taught.  

It made his arrival that much sweeter.  

The amount of love that has entered our home since Shaw's arrival has been invaluable.  For once, I am at a loss for words.  How can you describe a love that goes that deep?  I can't formulate a sentence using the right words...

Just know this:  He is one lucky little boy to receive as much love as he does, but we are even luckier to be able to give him that love.  He is our daily gift.  He is the little yummy baldness that has helped us bond even more as a family and has brought us all closer together. I am so thankful for my eternal perspective.

I just wish time would give us more time.  I can't believe he's already 1.  


Here are the highlights of his 1st birthday yesterday.

 {Click to enlarge}





Happy Birthday, Shaw!  

Thanks to G'ma and G'pa Ehman and Mackintosh and  G'pa Gregson for helping celebrate with us.  Thanks to Taiden and Kennedy for decorating for the festivities.  Thanks to Britt for adding an extra dose of enthusiasm to the party.  We also enjoyed a few special surprise guests - cousin Chante and her friend and Julie Beck (my cousin) from California.  Shaw's girlfriend, Cami (13 and our next door neighbor), joined in the fun too.

5 comments:

Trent and Britni said...

I can't believe he is already one!! Time seriously goes by SO fast! I feel like Colleen and I just brought you dinner a few weeks ago to celebrate his arrival! He is such a darling little boy! And he is so lucky to be in such a wonderful home with amazing parents and darling siblings! Happy Birthday Shaw!!

Rita said...

Amen to everything you said. You choked me up.

Aim said...

I know, time really does go by way too fast.

Daina Crowell said...

Sorry we missed it. Happy Birthday Shaw, we love you!

Amy and Brad said...

How did I miss these b-day posts?! Happy Birthday to little Shaw. I so identify with the sentiments you expressed. These milestones are SO bitter-sweet. Thanks for sharing (and I loved the pics!)