Thanks to the vivacious and spunkified Rita Z., I now have some coveted treats from our good friends way up north - Jeff (and Rita's) motherland of Canada - creator of Old Dutch potato chips, Big Turks, Lipton Peach Drink, and Coyote Pancake Mix.
"Oh, Can-a-da,
You always make me gain 5 lbs..."
See, I read and often comment on Rita's blog. She has such a quick wit, great writing ability, and is brutally honest about herself. This mix makes the perfect combination for a very entertaining blog. You'll have to check it out in the sidebar.
Rita is an avid runner. She has been one of my "go to gals" when I've had questions about this insane sport. She is a runnin' machine! She ran 2 half marathons in back to back weekends. Throw in a few 5K runs, an 18 miler, another 1/2 marathon here and there, and you've got Rita. She is amazing!
Anyhoo, she wrote a post about her trip up to Canada for last weekend's 1/2 marathon in their home town of Cardston. I left a comment that I wished I had known she was going up so I could have had her pick me up some Old Dutch potato chips and a Big Turk.
Lo and behold, she stopped by last night with a bag full of goodies. Heaven bless every red hair on her head! Our loot obviously came from her personal stash. We had a chance to visit for a few minutes and I fired a few more Ragnar Relay questions at her (last year she was the same runner on her team as I am this year on mine). She gave me a good pep talk, words of wisdom, and told me exactly what Body Glide is and where exactly I can (and should) use it.
Thanks Rita for the Canadian treats, your unexpected thoughtful gesture, and for helping to fulfill our want of junk food from your beloved Chinook Country.
Post note: I wonder if I left a comment on Rita's blog about wanting my extra 25 lbs. to spontaneously disappear or for my house to suddenly grow in size by about 1500 sq. ft., if it would somehow come to fruition. There's obviously something magical about her comment section...
7 comments:
lucky! I love the old dutch chips! And all those other goodies look wonderful too. Maybe next time you go to Canada I will have you pick me up some pez. Yep Canada get some different pez than we get in America.
I meant Canada gets different pez than we get here.
The CAN treats are the BEST, huh? I'm wondering if that was Rita's secret 5lb in 2 day diet -- clean out the pantry and give all the Canadian candy to friend!!! We have a whole bunch more candy we brought back if you need more supplies, let us know!! If they're not gone, you're welcome to them!
It is my favorite thing when others know the goodness of treats from the land of better Twizzlers, tongue seering potato chips, and Cadbury splendor. If only I could find a way to tote Cream Soda slurpies with ice cream to my Utah abode...I might never have to worry about crossing the border again :)
Jealous! I'm so jealous!! I haven't had a Coffee Crisp or some ketchup chips forever!! Gotta love the Canadian goodies!! (On a side note: Canadian Oreos are 100 times better than the American and the Fudgee-O's are so YUMMY!)
YUM!
I wish I only had 25 lbs. extra to get rid of! ;)
That's how BAD it's gotten...no longer only wanting to REACH that fantastic weight - now wishing to be WITHIN 25 lbs. - pretty pathetic, I am! :)
Post a Comment