In 3 short days, the 2008-2009 school year will be completed. Finished. Done. Forever in the history books. Gone - never to return again.
That means that my little buddy boy and I will welcome 3 high energy persons to our tranquil quietude. At lunch, our table for 2 will now be a party of 5. Nap time will consist of a continuous stream of "SSSHHHHHHH, Shaw is sleeping" coming from my mouth. The afternoons will consist of me trying to entertain 4 kids instead of 1. There will be more need for band-aid interventions, more popsicle consumption, more tree climbing, and sweaty red faces asking for a much needed drink of water.
I can't wait.
Bring on the late nights when 8:30 p.m. bedtime is a distant memory.
I say bring on the lack of schedules and routines.
Let's stock up on fly by the seat of our pants, waking up each day wondering what we'll do with ourselves.
More family time and no school and homework time.
I love summer.
7 comments:
I've got mixed feelings...
The not-having-to-get-ready-if-you-don't-want-to is attractive to me, too. And it seems they quit doing homework about a month ago -- teachers didn't quit giving it, they just made that decision on their own, so now doing no homework will be justified! And popsicles? Mmmmmm.
BUT (and that's a BIG but) yesterday I got a precursor to what summer inevitably will bring. Two boys tumbling down the stairs and BREAKING a banister rail in two! (Both claim they had NOTHING to do with it - and it was not THEIR fault!)
But, we're "Makin' a List" of things we want to do this summer. I hope it's fun! Maybe y'all can do some of them with us! :)
I am right there with ya!! We are down to two days!! Yeah!! :)
WooHoo! I am so excited for summer. My brain has checked out after memorial day. I really need my kids to be done, this last week I have been terrible with helping with school stuff. It should be done already!
Happy day for summer time! And you are the funnest mom ever so I'm sure it will be a blast. I love that picture of you and Shaw. And for the record, we would love to have you come visit any time!! Maybe I can try to bribe you with all of the fun stuff we have to do out here. =) We've got the Jelly Belly Factory, Chicago, Madison, Six Flags, & Lake Michigan - all within 2 hours and Nauvoo in 5 or 6. No pressure though! ;-)
I love summer! Camping, swimming, late nights, and lots of fun time with my kids. I can't wait either!
Cute pict or you and Shaw!
love the picture...you look stunning and your boy is pretty handsome himself!
as far as the summer vacation is concerned...i second that. BRING IT ON!!
Yahoo! I can't believe that school is almost out (pretty much already out for Jr. High!) But what comes after summer mom? 8th, 5th, and 2nd grade! Probably didn't think of it that way. I love the picture of you and Shawshy!
Post a Comment