Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Piano Recital

Taiden and Kennedy on Saturday


8 comments:

Jana said...

GReat Job Taiden and Kennedy!! What wonderful musicians you are both becoming. What was the name of Kennedy's song, I loved that piece?

Amy and Brad said...

What talented kids you are raising!! Loved that!

Kristen said...

Jana,

Kennedy played Waterfall by Jon Schmidt. He is a local composer who lives in Bountiful. He actually is in my parent's ward. They say he is very down to earth and a completely humble guy. He travels all over doing performances and promoting his music. He is so incredibly talented. You might want to check out some of his performances on YouTube - very entertaining. He sometimes plays Waterfall while laying on his back on the bench and playing the keys upside down. I've never seen him do it but Kennedy has and she says it's very cool to watch.

He wrote Waterfall as a teenager. AMAZING!

Suzanne said...

Sounds like they practice!!! What's your secret? ;)

Rita said...

Fantastic! I couldn't hear Kennedy's introduction but I thought I recognized the song. Kenna and I went to a Jon Schmidt concert and I was in shivery awe the entire time. He is incredible and did seem very down-to-earth, etc.

Great job on getting your kids to practice...the whole piano lesson thing is still such a sore topic. I teared up watching your kids play because I'm so disappointed that it has gone on my long "I can't do hard stuff and fighting with my kids is hard" list. :( :*( Crying again.

Leslie said...

Great job, you guys!! Loved it!! Amazing how all of the hard work and practice pays off!

Seriously, Kristen, we have to get our girls together! :)

Ann Gregson said...

It was great to hear your pieces, Taiden and Kennedy. You both did wonderful.

Granny Annie

Aim said...

I can barely get Helen to practice dance, I don't think I could get her to practice piano too. Both Taiden and Kennedy did great! They are so talented.