She's coming to town.
Wednesday night.
She'll be within 24 minutes and 13 seconds of my home.

8 years ago, when I gave the OK for my doctor to schedule an early induction, and when I was pushing and pushing and so ready to stop being pregnant and meet my little guy, I didn't realize that there would be a conflict in dates.
November 4, 2001 - Brittan James was born
November 4, 2009 - The Pioneer Woman will be in Salt Lake City selling autographed copies of her cookbook (for one night only)
I love him.
I think she and I could be BFFs.
A good mother would celebrate and honor her 3rd child without even a thought of escaping for an hour to meet Ree.
A bad mother would light the birthday candles, say she was running to the next room to grab the camera, but would snatch the car keys instead.
Which kind of mother am I?
(Do you think a bookstore is a suitable place for a birthday party?)
6 comments:
WHAT!!! I can't even believe your debating this...
can I come?
Oh, you know you want to be bad. Take Brit out of school and take him to lunch. Who says birthday's have to be celebrated in the evening.
Have fun meeting the pioneer woman.
I forgot that Arthur and Brittan share a birthday. That is a tough one, I knew she was on the book tour but I hadn't even checked if she was coming here. I would totally come with you if the husband didn't have something that he had to be to that night. Poor Arthur, we are going to have to celebrate mostly on Sat.
With any luck, Brittan will be so busy playing with his birthday presents that he may not even notice you are gone for an hour. Which book store will she be at and what time? You are a good mother no matter what the decision. Celebrate all day!
Positively yes!! And if you do go...pick up an extra copy for me!! I wonder if she is going to be in Dallas? Off to ckeck!
I'm so completely jealous! I wish she was coming to my neck of the woods! I say, as long as you make it to his baptism, it's OK if you miss out on the birthday cake. :)
Post a Comment