On Saturday, I attended a New Moon brunch that was meticulously prepared and organized for 10 fanpires. Every element was carefully thought out and no detail was left undone.
It was like stepping into the pages of a magazine.
The hostess, Alysa, is an interior designer and her home is beyond beautiful. She has such a flair and creativity that makes her house jaw dropping. She and her husband restored an old pioneer home that had belonged to his family. The end result is a work of art. I kid you not - it is gorgeous. It is a place where you can stand in every room for minutes on end and just study and sigh at all of the amazing things she has done. It's like a creative sensory rush.
:) !
The food was heavenly. Girly food that spoke to my I-don't-usually-go-to-brunches-on-Saturday-afternoons-and-I'm-so-glad-I'm-not-home-folding-laundry self. Brie with brown sugar, pecans, and cranberries baked in puffed pastry. Two kinds of quiche. English cranberry scones. Rice pudding. Spinach salad with goat cheese (I think the hostess was trying to prove a point - and she did). Crackers with fruit. It was like something out of Gourmet magazine.
Only better.
(And I really do think I heard angels sing.)
The hostess, Alysa, is an interior designer and her home is beyond beautiful. She has such a flair and creativity that makes her house jaw dropping. She and her husband restored an old pioneer home that had belonged to his family. The end result is a work of art. I kid you not - it is gorgeous. It is a place where you can stand in every room for minutes on end and just study and sigh at all of the amazing things she has done. It's like a creative sensory rush.Luckily her husband was willing to email me these pictures. None of the pictures I took with my camera turned out. He, obviously, has a real grown up camera and is a great photographer.
(2010 New Year's Resolution #1: Get a new camera)
(2010 New Year's Resolution #2: Beg, plead, and grovel for Chadwick to come out of his photography hiatus and take a family picture for us)
The table was covered with funny tidbits about the books. My favorite was: Edward Cullen - raising the bar for husbands and boyfriends since 1918.

When one of Alysa's boys saw this poster, he asked, "Mom, why are you in that picture?" She IS Alice. She has a definite je ne sais quoi about her.

Great conversations about Edward, losing oxygen while scuba diving in underwater caves, shark attacks and surefire ways to save yourself from one (my method will work, Randee!), and wondering why Jacob has to be so darn cute (and under age).

When one of Alysa's boys saw this poster, he asked, "Mom, why are you in that picture?" She IS Alice. She has a definite je ne sais quoi about her.

Great conversations about Edward, losing oxygen while scuba diving in underwater caves, shark attacks and surefire ways to save yourself from one (my method will work, Randee!), and wondering why Jacob has to be so darn cute (and under age).
I've decided that I am boycotting breakfast and lunch.
'Cause brunch is where its at.
(2010 New Year's Resolution #3: Convince Chadwick that he needs to smuggle in the baked Brie recipe when we do our family photo shoot)
:) !






6 comments:
Wow, looks like fun! I'll have to say my pictures of me folding laundry while you were attending that are not quite as enthralling!
I'm so flattered that you had a good time. "New Moon" was such a great excuse for me to drag out Halloween just a little bit longer. (Be ready for another one in June...) And I'm really glad that my Church of Goat Cheese missionary work paid off. I'll send you some recipes and you can convert your family as well.
Thanks for the kind post, Kristen. If I come out of photo retirement for you, then I have to do photos of Randee's darling family, too, then the ball starts rolling and I have a great time, but Alysa divorces me and my boys forget who I am. Which is bad. Regarding the Baked Brie recipe, it's my sister's, and she and Alysa are the only two women I'm truly afraid of. So that secret isn't going anywhere...
Alysa,
I'll mark my calendar for next June.
Chadwick,
Oh.
OK.
:(
(lower lip trembling)
(Deep sigh) I suppose I'll just call and schedule something with The Wals-Mart photo studio. I've heard they're pretty good.
;D
Kristen ....I have the recipe for the baked brie in pastry. Don't cry!
Sounds like you had loads of fun.
I read the Twilight books but can't bring myself to see the movies. In my mind Edward is gorgeous, and in the movie he is NOT!
But I did enjoy the books! Alysa is an amazing entertainer. I would love to be able to pull things off as well as she does.
Post a Comment