Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a Blogger (that still doesn't sound very flattering)

It was exactly 1 year ago that I posted my first entry on this little blog of mine.  

(music in the background)  This little blog of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...

My blog has gone through its infancy and has grown into a healthy, vibrant past time.  As my baby, it's often experienced growing pains - moments that have made me want to pull my hair out and moments that have made me so proud.

It's also had its fair share of stinkers in the written form.  Sorry about those. It's part of growing up, right?

It's been interesting for me to go back and reread some of my earliest posts.  I feel I'm continually evolving as a person and as a writer. Reflection, for me, is key to moving forward. Forward to being that better person and better writer that I strive to be.

Thanks for sticking around for the past year.  

Please know that I am SO human.  Often blogs unintentionally paint pictures of charmed lives and perfect worlds.  While I try to capture the positives and memorable moments for journaling sake, my life is far from flawless and I struggle along with every other woman out there.  I am not a perfect mother, wife, or individual.  I don't pretend to be.  I apologize if it's ever come across any other way.

I've made plenty of mistakes that have allowed me to be one of life's object lessons.

Again, thanks for reading.  Thanks for commenting.  Thanks for being my friends - even if I've never met you.  I know you're out there.  My sitemeter tells me it is so.

For fun, I've listed a handful of my favorite posts.  












Here's to another year...

(cup of lemonade) Cheers!

5 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

congrats! always knew it would stick...i can still remember the weeks of preperation you did JUST to pick the background! such a detail girl!

Rita said...

One year! Congratulations to you. I am so glad to be the benefactor of your always clever wit and honesty. I had missed a couple of your favorite posts and loved reading them. Thanks for the peep into your great family's life.

Suzanne said...

I've enjoyed reading it for all that time!

Amy and Brad said...

Happy Blogoversary! I always love reading your blog and feeling like I know what's going on in the Gregson household!

Leslie said...

Congrats on your one year!! Good for you! I love hearing all about your family and staying in touch with you. I loved your K.G. 101. I laughed at remembering #34. Greg and I were Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf! That was a fun night!