Our kids are scary when they're asleep. Oft times they talk in their sleep about a myriad of topics. They'll sit up, eyes bloodshot and bulging, and start a soft toned dialogue of disconnected ramblings about nothingness. Jeff always checks on them before he heads to bed, experiences this made for horror films phenomenon, and has the same reaction every time.
It creeps him out.
Freaks him out.
Unsettles him.
It's not a pleasant thing to see your children possessed by the sleep demons.
So, how do you think I felt last night when I was the last one to head to bed (I was up late reading). The house was quiet. The kitchen clock was ticking softly. The lights were off (may I remind you that I'm 37 and still afraid of the dark). I walked through the kitchen to get to my bedroom and saw this.
My son...
Curse you, Sandman!
The boys had fallen asleep in our bed. When Jeff sent them up to their room to their own beds, Taiden made it but not Britt.
Rather, he opted to choose this unnatural spot in the dark, dark kitchen so his mother would find him.
And have a near accident in her jammies.
14 comments:
THAT IS SO FUNNY!! Seriously, he did that? Does he remember? OH my, I'll be having Jeremy read this post tonight!
P.S. Ryanne does the same weird things...she even will yell out and scream some times. seriously, i don't even let her watch anything remotly violent on tv or movies...i was always so worried taht something was happening to her, but then one time she told me she dreamt that the spiders were getting her. that's relatively PG and let's face it...i would make me scream too!
i bet your kids LOVE your blog!!
That is so strange, but so ADORABLE! I love it! Remember how your dad got up when he was little and peed in his dad's ear? He though he was in the bathroom. Oh my!!
That is hilarious! Don't you love it when the kids do something that really scares the crap out of you, but then you think of what a funny story you'll have to tell later, and that helps the adrenaline settle down? I just love that. You know, later on, not when it's happening.
Also, I came across a cool blog you may like. It's by a local historian who's writing a book about pioneer-era diets/foods. Lots of old-timey recipes and pioneer food lore. http://www.pioneerfoodie.blogspot.com/
That is creepy! Jacob does stuff like that too. Once, I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and happened to glance in the living room. He was sitting on the couch with his eyes wide open staring at nothing! It scared the crap out of me!
Absolutely classic!
That really made me laugh! Why would he pick the high chair, the floor would be more comfortable. What I like best is that you not only blogged about it but you took pictures. I have found Arthur sleeping in strange places too, but never somewhere so uncomfortable.
That would do it for me too!
I woke Matt up on the couch and sent him to bed the other night. I found him later on the stairs, snuggled up with every remote in the house.
that is funny!! i remember dylan would walk out of his romm creep downstairs still asleep sit on the couch and start screaming and yelling non sense then he would only let mom take him and pour water on him because that was the only way to stop him. then he would ask "why am i all wet?" and go back to bed......... so wierd!
I'm wondering HOW he got IN the high chair - behind the tray and all?! Wouldn't that acrobatic move be enough to wake him up?!
But, that would be freaky to see someone there when you weren't expecting it in the dark! I always think I see "someone" in or outside my home, but it's just a shadow or furniture, or an out-of-place pile of junk, or something, but that doesn't stop my scream! :)
That is hilarious, Kristen! We have a couple of creepy sleepers also.
Funny! Whitney walks and talks in her sleep as well. Ben has a good story of her scaring him pretty good.
That is great and scary all at the same time, but at least you grabbed your camera!!
Speechless.
Too funny!! He must have had to really work to get in the high chair in the first place. He must have been really tired!
Post a Comment