Saturday, March 21, 2009

Le Petit Gateau

Here's my novice attempt at making cupcake bites.



First runs of projects always tend to be rough for me, so next time I'm sure they will look maybe half as good as Bakerella's.


Jeff took these miniature bites into work to share.  Once it hit me that therapists and psychologists were going to be seeing these, and eating these, and analyzing these, I started to feel some mild anxiety:  

Does how you make a cupcake bite reflect your inner peace or turmoil?  Too many sprinkles, not enough sprinkles?  No perfectly seamless chocolate exterior; what does that mean?
No uniformity in the cake ball on the inside!  Does that suggest my life is asymmetrical and lopsided?  What can this say about me and my psyche? 

My conclusion is one of 2 things:  I either completely over analyze everything and I need to chill or I'm paranoid and will never send anything to Jeff's work again.

Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It think your cupcake bites are beautiful! Great job!!!

XOXO
Jen

Rita said...

This psychologist would be way too consumed with wondering what calories I could cut later in order to indulge in the instant gratification of something sooooo darling and yummy! What does that say about ME? (and my hips!)

Leslie said...

I can't wait to try them! Of course, I will have to send them off to work with Greg, too (or I would eat them all). Luckily, at the plant they don't care too much about how things look. As long as it is food! Thanks for sharing again, and good luck Kennedy!

Lori said...

These look awesome but very time consuming. Some day I might try them.

I love your gratitude list.
I am thankful for nursing = larger "sisters".

Goes to show we are never happy with what we have.

Suzanne said...

If I were married to a Psychologist, I would be wondering all those things EVERY day! I'd have to EDIT all my actions,
so he wouldn't find out the CRAZY truth about me! :)

Aim said...

I think they look very good! And the imperfections just go along with coloring outside the lines. I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow, mmmm thai.