Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Boy in Motion

Brittan ran his 100th mile on Monday. The first child at his elementary school to do it. 100 miles! That's like running from Farmington to Provo and back.   Or from Farmington to Logan and back.  Or 400 laps around the track.  You get the idea.


I like to call this picture "slicky boy".  All slicked down and ready for school.  

(Yes, that is snow on the ground.  Another dusting of it this morning.  We're all ready for the end of winter and the warmish welcome of spring. My hands ache from the anticipation of getting in the soil and planting.  Can't wait!) 

6 comments:

Lori said...

Impressive! I wish I had half of his energy.

Trent and Britni said...

Britt! I am so impressed!! What a little stud man! Give that kid a huge high five for me and a hug! What a cutie. He is going to be a heart breaker for sure.

And I must say that while you got snow this morning, we hit 60 DEGREES! That's right, we normally freezing Wisconsinites had a heat wave and it will last through Saturday! Wahoo!! Anyway, I am so with you and ready for spring! And can I just say I love you! Every time I read your blog or a comment from you it just makes me so happy. =)

Mitchell Family said...

at least you have a back up if you bail on ragnar last minute. impressive. just remember him while your training, i mean really if he can do it, you can too.

Amy and Brad said...

Go Brittan! What an accomplishment! Wow!

Suzanne said...

I think my kids got maybe one or two "feet." And then they lost the necklace/chain part. (surprise, surprise!) And so they're not pursuing that anymore...
But, your boy -- WOW!! He seems quite determined, driven, goal-oriented, competitive, a strive-for-excellence type, etc. He can use that in life and DO SOME [serious] GOOD!!!

Rita said...

Wowsers, Brittan. Way to go!