This is a big week for Kennedy. First, she cut her long hair off. Chop and it was gone.
Let me just quickly add here that while her hair was beautiful when it was still attached to her head, it is creepin' me out seeing it sit in a bag (waiting to be mailed off to Locks of Love). 6 ponytails look eerie stashed in a ziplock...so inhuman and unnatural.
Anyhoo, her next big step is transpiring today. She is running for 8th grade officer. I love that she is finding interest in doing the same kinds of things that Jeff and I did when we were young. But on that same note, I know what it's like to feel the stress, pressure and insecurities that come along the campaign trail.
Will people vote for me?
What if people vote for those who are more vocal or aggressive campaigners? (which she is not)
What if people write on my posters? Or worse, tear them down? (Jr. High, remember?)
She is brave. To be willing to put yourself out there for all to analyze and decide if they are willing to give you their approval? At almost 13 years? The very definition of bravery!
The great thing about my daughter is that she is always true to herself. What you see is what you get. No theatrics. No drama. No insincerity or phony baloney. She is Kennedy at home and at school and at church. The same girl everywhere she goes. I hope kids at her school can see that. She is solid and acts her age. This is a good thing. She is 12 going on 13...not 12 going on 16. I hope kids don't hold that against her. But again, this is Jr. High, right?
Here are her posters. Ideas and creativity we have. Artistry we have not. Luckily, we have a decent printer and legible handwriting. If I said it once I said it 6 dozen times over the weekend, "I wish Amy Gregson lived close by!" She is the Gregson family muralist and artiste and a dynamite one at that!
The candidates also had to put together a 3 minute video. No more election assemblies and live skits?! 3 minutes doesn't sound like much, but this video took us hours to put together. Thanks to Jeff and iMovie for this diamond in the rough. The quality of filming isn't top notch but we think the 7th graders will enjoy watching. Kennedy loved it so mission accomplished! And yes, Jeff is now looking into a career of voiceovers.
Also, as an added twist, she has a blog that she'll update daily about why she'd like to be an 8th grade officer. It will let her peers get to know her a little bit better. Check it out: www.kennedyforofficer.blogspot.com
11 comments:
What a great movie, Kennedy will do great as a student officer. I would vote for her. I think the posters are great and very creative. And Kennedy's hair looks great!
I wish we lived closer to you guys! After reading about Kennedy cutting her hair and now running for class office, she and Madi are two peas in a pod! They are so much alike, it is scary! Good luck, Kennedy!!
If I could vote, I'd cast it her way! GOOD FOR HER! and please tell Jeff we are also impressed with him, I don't know maybe while we're in Cali we should stop by Warner Brothers and hook him with an audition! Didn't the movie annoucer guy pass away!?
I am still laughing! I had no idea Jeff was so talented. Good luck Kennedy! You are going to be awesome! You have my vote for sure and so does your cute new do! Can't wait to hear how great you do!
Love it! We have our fingers crossed for Kennedy! Surely anyone with a sense of humor will vote for her after seeing her posters and video! Those were hilarious!
That movie was awesome! I laughed so hard. You guys are great! Good luck Kennedy!
That. Is. Awesome!!!! Go Kennedy!
When you named her, did you have THIS DAY in mind? Any other name would not have been able to use "Kennedy 4 Kennedy" Now that's clever! :)
Looks like you've ALL been SOOO hard at work (Kennedy and Mom & Dad) - but the video is fantastic - so funny - Ryan & I laughed out loud! The second time watching it, too! :)
Our family's kind of dorks when it comes to listening to the voice mail. So, I didn't get Kennedy's message until too late. Dang! I would've like to be in your video, too, Kennedy. :)
Hilarious movie and posters! Best of luck, I know you'll do great! GO HUSKIES!!
I think I know why it took so long to make the movie...Jeff kept cracking up while doing the voices, right?!! I was giggling like crazy. You guys are the best parents.
Kennedy is amazing. First, how can she be so beautiful with long hair AND short hair. Darling, darling cut. Second, she oozes intelligence and confidence. Maybe that 13 year-old could teach this 38 year-old a little something!
Very clever posters too. I'll keep my fingers crossed on election day that the majority of the Husky student body is as smart as Kennedy and votes for the right person!!
Post a Comment