The house is very quiet this Friday afternoon.
As usual, Kennedy is off with a group of girlfriends. Because of past experiences when our home has hosted her gaggle of BBF's, I know that - right now - they are probably doing each other's hair, painting nails, gushing over Taylor Lautner, and prank calling their good buddies. The room they are in most definitely smells of Lovespell from Victoria's Secret. I'm sure there is laughing and music and discussions of things that are "SOOOOOOOOOOOO" this or "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" that.
{Teenage girls turn short words into long words. This is the method for emphasizing they like to use. They also, occasionally, throw in the same word multiple times to get the same affect. Like, "It was very, very, very, very, very, very, very boring." or "It was so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so embarrassing!" Jeff's ears are still trying to adjust to this form of young female linguistics.}
The baby is asleep. He missed his regularly scheduled 1:00 p.m. nap because Jeff and I went to a funeral. The delay in nap time will most definitely cause a delay in his 8:00 p.m. bed time. It's OK. It's Friday.
The boys are up at G'ma and G'pa Ehman's house. My mom has been introducing them to old black and white movies lately which my boys LOVE. Turn the afternoon date into a late night with dinner, a big bowl of air popped popcorn, a little Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, an ice cream cone on the ride home, and you have two very happy boys.
{I think you also have two very happy grandparents.}

Today, my mom told Britt that she's been using her DVD-R to record some of the movies that she thinks they'll really like. Britt told her, "It's OK, Grandma. We like them all."
As someone who grew up watching old flicks and musicals, I'm glad that my kids appreciate movies that aren't critically acclaimed for their special effects or computer animation. I'm glad they can find humor in slapstick, catchy tunes, and witty writing.
With the house so quiet, Jeff and I are in trouble. I don't even think we'll be able to carry on with our 9:00-p.m.-fall-asleep-on-the-couch tradition.
I give us until 8:17 p.m.
0 comments:
Post a Comment