Friday, January 8, 2010

Simple Mathematics


At first there were 2.

{As in Jeff and I.} 


Then we added 1.

That made 3.




Then we waited.

3 went by.

{As in years.}


We added another to make an even 4.  


Skip along past 2.5.

And our number rose to 5.


The 2 were then outnumbered by the 3.


We waited.

And cried.



Was 5 the final answer?


No.

6 was our lucky number.


Our sum.



***

Many thanks to Jeff's sister, Daina, who took the time to take these shots of our family while in town for Christmas.  Thanks, too, to her sidekick and one-man-comedy-act, Sherman. Thanks to our kids for cooperating so well on such a frigid afternoon.  Thanks to Shaw for not letting his frozen hands fall off.  Many thanks to Jeff for keeping his eyes open and a heartfelt "merci" goes out to butter for making me who I am today.  

If anyone is in the Seattle area and wanting some great photos from an awesome gal, give Daina a call.  You can check out her website here.

7 comments:

Julie said...

What great pictures! You guys are a good looking bunch! As for the numbers game, David told me the other day (after seeing a license plate frame that said final score - boys 3 girls 3 ) that we should get one (not really) that says "1+1=8" It's amazing that we go from 2 to well, eventually, a numberless posterity. There's nothing better!

Aim said...

The pictures are great! You have a cute family.

sandi said...

We sure would love one of those beautiful family pictures. Oh yeah......I've asked you that at least 20 times. Daina did an excellent job on them. What a cute family!! Love you guys!

Suzanne said...

I can't even tell it was FRIGID! No red noses, no snot coming out of those noses, no crying, clinched fists, and chattering teeth...all of which some of OUR family pictures include!

Kennedy is just ADORABLE in that yellow hat - I could never pull that off, I'd look dorky! Her eyes look extra pretty, I think.

The boys are pretty handsome, too! (Don't wanna leave them out.) I like the choice of clothes/colors.

Oh, and your [full & thick] hair looks great. I was thinking you look super young, too - How can YOU have all those kids? ;)

Rita said...

You are all BEAUTIFUL!
I have to admit though, this post had announcement of lucky #7 all over it...I was holding my breath you had changed Jeff's mind!!

Suzanne said...

Also, I may be lacking in my reading comprehension skills, but when I FIRST read, "Was 5 the Final Answer?" I thought that meant you were announcing that you are pregnant with child #5 (right now!) :) So, I had to reread it, and I don't think it meant THAT!?? -- Did it?

Kristen said...

No, no announcements, folks.

6 (meaning 6 of us altogether) is a good number.