Wednesday, December 16, 2009

9 More Days

December 16.  Less than a dime's worth of days until Christmas.  


Right about now, I'm experiencing one enormous sensory overload - all 5 senses are surged with all things Christmas.  The kids are getting revved up for their holiday break and our checking account is nearly depleted.

Yep, it's almost Christmas.

December 16.  The world is all decked out in it's celebratory attire ready for merriment and well wishing.  No need for party streamers and balloons.  We've got evergreens and tinsel and red and green bows.

It's a perfect time to have a birthday.

But this day is not mine alone.  I share this 9 days before Christmas birthday with a gamut of people that you might recognize.  I've never met any of them personally.  But let's see if I have something in common with my fellow Sagittariuses.


Hallee Hirsche (22)

She played a bratty teenager on one of my favorite TV dramas - ER.
I played a bratty teenager in real life.


Flo Rida (30)

Ah, Flo.   He and I both appreciate music from the 80's.  I danced to Dead or Alive with my highly shellacked, highly flammable coif.  In fact, my bangs nearly rivaled the lead singer's.  Flo Rida gave us a newer version which is off limits in our house.  He needs to sit in on one of our FHE lessons and learn about wholesome music and clean lyrics.  C'mon Flo!

{that is a funny visual...Flo Rida joining us for FHE...
I better watch my bottle of homemade vanilla}

 
Michael McGary  (38)

Former Boyz II Men member (center front).  Provided Jeff and I good kissy-kissy music back in the early 90's.



Benjamin Bratt (44)

Did I EVER think I would be able to post a picture of Benjamin Bratt on my blog and not look like a totally, desperate housewife?

Happy Birthday, Benj!


William "Refrigerator" Perry (47)

In Junior High, a group of us did a lip sync to the Super Bowl Shuffle.  This is when he was the 400 lb. defensive tackle for "Da Bears."

Oh, and we both like food.


Billy Gibbons (60)

OK.....this one is a little bit tougher....I'm a girl.....let me think.........no facial hair.....I bathe daily......um, there's gotta be something......hang on.......OK.  I have it!

ZZ Top sang a song about Legs.  

And I have 2 of them!

Who'da thunk?


Can you name this non-celebrity?

LOVE the Farrah Fawcett hair.

Lesley Stahl  (68)

We both like to talk.  As correspondent/co-editor for 60 minutes, she gets paid for her gift of gab.  I just talk for free and live up to my childhood nickname - Motor Mouth.


Arthur Clark (92)

Penned the book "2001: A Space Odyssey".   

I think we both have large imaginations.

{That's why I'm 38 and still afraid of the dark}


Jane Austen (234)

Did I mention that I share a birthday with THE Jane Austen?

Kennedy and I have chosen Pride and Prejudice as our chick flick.  We speak in English accents for days afterwards.

I can't convince Jeff to play along.

And he doesn't like it when I call him, "Mr. Darcy".


Ludwig Van Beethoven (238)

The oldest of our birthday club and definitely my favorite.  I played Moonlight Sonata when I was younger and loved the haunting beauty of his music.  Deaf and still composing?  Truly inspiring.  I love classical music.

And I love Ludwig.

***

It's been a year since I had to commit to memory a new age for myself.

I'll have to start over again - for the next 365 days, I'll have to remember that I'm 38.



Happy Birthday, December 16thians!

8 comments:

Trent and Britni said...

Well Happy Birthday my friend!! Hope it is a perfect one! And that made me laugh - because I can't ever remember how old I am these days either!

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

Happy happy birthday! Hope it's great and you get a little bit of a break. Go get a pedicure or something :)

Amy and Brad said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! Hope your day has been great!

Rita said...

Happiest happy day!! I hope you didn't spend all of your $$$ at Gardner Village or on everyone else's Christmas presents so that you could have a little treat today. Too bad peach pies aren't very available in December.

Jana said...

Wow! You know a lot about who you share your birthday with -- I'm impressed. Hope you've had a wonderful day and took time to celebrate you!!

Leslie said...

Hope you have the BEST year yet!!

Suzanne said...

First off - Happy Birthday! See what happens if I don't check other blogs daily? I miss birthdays!
I'm glad you didn't say you shared the same weight as "The Refrigerator!" ;) And we did that "Superbowl Shuffle" at good ol' Bountiful High, too -- but I'm not so sure you would've sang it the right way, since the correct lyrics in one part are: "BRING ON THE VIKES, BRING ON THE CHUCKS...COMPARED TO US, EVERYBODY SUCKS!!" :)
Also, I never saw it before, but I can see Kennedy in your Farrah Fawcett picture (the floating image in the background.)

Chris said...

Happy birthday...and add my youngest Tyler...he just turned 25 on that day too. So you were 3 when he was born!