Thursday, December 10, 2009

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr


Dear Board of Education,


If it's cold enough outside that my car doors and windows are frozen shut, I think it's too cold for a school day.

My kids and I think on mornings like this, there should be a mandatory stay-home-in-your-PJs-drink- hot-cocoa-and-watch-Christmas-movies-while-munching-on-the-8-dozen-cookies-and-candies-that-mom- brought-home-last-night-from-a-cookie-exchange.  That would be our vote.

I don't want my kids to lose any fingers or toes on their way to or from school.  And their Santa lists have been sent so it's too late to ask him for any replacements.

{Or do you think he accepts addendums?}


Shivering and blue lipped,

Kristen G.



3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cool photo - are those icicles on your house?
Our car thermometer said 11 degrees when we were driving home from the concert last night! But, guess how many Jr. High kids I saw wearing either NO coat/jacket at all OR just a thin hoodie (unzipped)?
A stay-at-home-in-PJ's day does sound good, but I need them OUT so I can get Christmas stuff done! ;)

Trent and Britni said...

SO supportive of that!! Seriously, I wish you could feel how cold it is here! We literally had a high of 7 degrees yesterday -- so it was about 20 below with the wind chill a lot of the day! So be grateful for the tropics. =)

I miss you and have been missing reading your blog regularly! It always gives me a great laugh! One of these days, my life will slow back down a little. Hope you are having a perfect holiday season! Love ya!!

Will said...

Soooo true! Seriously I've gone to school (when I was in elementry) and I've gone outside for recess during a blizzard! I was bundled up but kids with t-shirts on and sometimes shorts have gone outside and freezed their butts off! And the teachers would always get mad if we went inside to warm up! It is freezing up here and I had to miss a trip to a badminton tornament because of the weather! Seeya Merry Christmas!