Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Thursday

Jeff skipped out of work today.  I think he's calling it a mental health day.  He's been very busy lately.  His private practice is thriving and we feel very blessed.  During an economic time when just having a job is a good thing, having an overabundance of work is an amazing thing.  I think he just needed a break from the routine today.


I love when Jeff is home.  For selfish reasons, I especially love when he's home on a day when the older kids are at school. He's all mine.  He only has me to listen and talk to.  We enjoyed the quietness of an almost empty home with only Shaw making subtle background noises. It's a rarity for the house to be so still.

We ate lunch together.  He offered to run a few errands with me.  He patiently waited while I tried on a few pairs of shoes and some clothes.  He didn't even do any deep breathing - usually a standard event when shopping.  He held my hand in the car as we drove.  He kissed and snuggled my baby...melting my heart all the while.

He's snoring away on the couch right now.  That's an important part of a mental health day.

Rest up, dear husband.  The children get home in 30 minutes.


5 comments:

Lori said...

Thursday, April 2nd, officially mental health day. I wish I would have known sooner and I wouldn't have taken Will to Costco. Oh well we ended with a churro and only a little crying.(from me)

Rita said...

Love that guy! And love how much YOU love him. You are the best wife. Every day that Brent LEAVES is his mental health day.

Melissa said...

Sounds fun! Why don't Mom's ever get mental health days? I need one!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh - that is so nice. It is so nice to spend time alone without the kids. It reminds me of when we were dating. I love it when we are able to do that!

Hoe fun for you!

XOXO
Jen

Suzanne said...

How nice!!
I always ask Matt to stay home, too! But, I think it's easier for him to go to work! :)