Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Games, Gizmos and Toys in the Attic

(OK, my pity party was on hiatus for the day. Just one day. 
I'm sure it will return tomorrow with full force. 
But today was a good Spring Break day.)


10 Things of Utmost Importance:

1.  Cancel your plans for tomorrow.  

2.  Drive your kids down to Happy Valley.  

3.  Go directly to the Museum of Art on BYU campus.  

4.  Enjoy the highly entertaining, immensely creative, and whimsically magical art exhibit of Walter Wick
(you know - the guy who does the I SPY and CAN YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? books)

5.  Enjoy watching your kids freak out over the optical illusions and get excited when they recognize pages from their own Walter Wick books. 

6.  Check out the other art exhibits.  Who knew art could include such random things as packing peanuts and fans, floating garbage sacks, and thousands of packets of duck sauce.  Very COOL stuff!

7.  Stroll on over to the bookstore and pick yourself up a few BYU items.  (Yes Randee and Trisha, that means you too.)

8.  Eat a piece of fudge from the candy counter.

9. Marvel at the beautiful mountain range that is home to the Y.

10.  Go home and spread the word about the incredible art exhibition you saw.  Anyone with kids needs to see it.  Well worth your trip (even if it is on enemy territory).





Walter Wick's display will be there until August.

1 comments:

Lori said...

That looks like fun. I am glad it will be around for a little while. The kids and I will have to check it out.