I've been running for the past several months training for a race in June. My iPod has been stocked full of songs that keep my feet movin' and my mind occupied. Pounding the pavement would not be endurable without my earbuds pumpin' out the base.
I've come across a couple of new songs that I really like. There's only one problem. They're in Spanish. I took French in school. If it's in Spanish and it's not on a restaurant menu, then I don't have a clue what it says.
Except la cucaracha and chihuahua. I understand that.
So, answer me this: What if I'm guessing there's a hint of questionable lyrics in my new fave songs? If I can't understand them, does it mean I can still listen to them even if the lyrics are naughty? I don't know for a fact that they are sassy, but I'm suspecting they are.
Are they telling me to do things that wouldn't be appropriate to share at Enrichment Night?
Are they describing things that would make me shudder if my kids heard and understood?
Do they suggest I buy a new couch without my husband's permission?
Are the lyrics stating other spicy and equally distrubing things?
I don't know!
7 comments:
You make me laugh!! No harm done when you don't understand them right?! ha ha And way to go Britt! Seriously that kid is such a cute little stud! Tell him I'm so proud! Talk about famous being in the paper!!
I was just telling Trent a few days ago that if we ever moved back to Utah I could totally move back to Farmington because I love you guys all so much! And it is just a great little town with a great ward! I love you!
Are you sure the songs are in Spanish or did you mistake the vanilla for your Gatorade bottle while running? Hmmmm. It's a mystery.
Here's my very biased, liberal opinion. You are the only one listening to it when you run, so if it helps keep you running and doesn't offend you, then I say, "¡Vaya para él!" (Go for it!)
ha ha ha ha!!!! i'm bent over laughing. it's official, you are my soul sister, because you are WAY more of a mexican then i could ever hope to be!!!! oh my goodness...please let me go to the enrichment night that you decide to declare that the new song by "Daddy Yankee" is your #1 play on your ipod!!! I JUST LOVE YOU!!!!
I think I would have to play them in slow-mo to actually have a chance at figuring out what they are saying! Funny...there is a kid in our ward who listens to mostly Japanese music. Greg asked him about it, and he told him that he listens to it for that very reason. He doesn't know the lyrics, so they can't be "bad"!
I say anything with a good beat that keeps you running is a keeper! What race are you getting ready for? Good luck!
Leslie,
I'll be running the Ragnar - Wasatch Back in June. I am not a runner so this whole running thing has been a challenge for me but I am enjoying watching my own progress and pushing myself. A close friend convinced me to do it with her so here I am! The Ragnar is a 12 person relay. Each of us will run 3 different legs throughout the course of 2 days. The whole race is 181 miles - from Logan to Park City. While the legs aren't particularly long (I think the longest anyone has to run is 8 or 9 miles at a time) the challenge comes with the lack of sleep, heat, and length of the overall endeavor. My first leg is in the heat of the first afternoon, then in the middle of the night, and then sometime the next day. We'll try and get some sleep but it's still kinda tough. My legs are the easiest on the team, but again, I am not a runner so I told her she had to go easy on me because this will be my first race EVER.
I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm pretty the sure the second song is about eating Mexican food! I can relate to "Gasolina."
Post a Comment