...that's Obsessive Cullen Disorder for those who don't understand "seventh grade-ese". I took her to see a matinee of Twilight on Saturday and she loved it. In fact, she's been dreaming in Twilight the last few nights (last night she was Bella and Mike was flirting with her). She has read the 1st book of the series and I'll let her read the second, but the 3rd and 4th will have to wait. I think she's a little young for things that make MY heart pound and get MY cheeks flushed. We ran to Target after seeing the show and somehow wound up with the Twilight soundtrack in our basket. How did that happen? I always seem to spend more money when she is with me. We are a dangerous duo to the budget when we're together. She actually paid for part of it. I love babysitting money.
Yes, she is holding the Twilight book in her hand at the theater.
As the sidebar suggestion says, the soundtrack is really good. Even Jeff , who hates Edward and all things Cullen, really likes it. Check out the links to listen:
- Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
- Paramore - Decode
- The Black Ghosts - Full Moon
- Linkin Park - Leave Out All the Rest
- Mutemath - Spotlight (Twilight Mix)
- Perry Farrell - Go All the Way Into the Twilight
- Collective Soul - Tremble for My Beloved
- Paramore - I Caught Myself
- Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire
- Rob Pattison - Never Think
- Iron and Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth
- Carter Burwell - Bella's Lullaby
7 comments:
Yea Kennedy! Glad to have you as part of the group! Kristen, you should let her read the outtakes from Twilight on Stephenie Meyer's website. You should also let her read Midnight Sun(also on S.M.'s website)at least the half that is on there. She would love it! I loved Midnight Sun and thought that it really added so much more to Twilight(if that is even possible!). I can't wait until Grayce is old enough to enjoy Twilight with me! Girls are so fun!
What a cute pic of Kennedy! I let Haley read the first two books, too. I told her she has to wait a couple more years to read the last two (she's still protesting, but I won't budge) I loved the soundtrack, too! Muse, especially - they are great to work out to!
I don't know how you could refuse a couple of extra dollars at Target or anywhere else for this little honey. She is darling.
I still haven't read any of the books or seen the movie, so I probably can't make an intelligent comment, but...
I HAVE heard that "the guy" is extra, extra WONDERFUL & everything! So, Kennedy might be led astray if she's expecting that from all her future boyfriend experiences - and will be sorely disappointed when she discovers how NORMAL boys REALLY ARE! :)
P.S. We went to The Festival of Trees tonight and, of course, there was a Twilight themed tree. It's title was "A Cullen Christmas." It had a bunch of stuff with the character's names on it, so I had no idea what any of it meant - but y'all might get a kick out of it!?
How much fun is that! I love that you have a little date night with your daughter every so often! I am going to have to do that if I ever have a little girl. She is such a cute girl I can hardly even stand it!
So fun to catch up on your blog this morning as I stuff cheerios into baby Isaac's mouth trying to keep him from waking up the rest of the house and procrastinate finishing sharing time. I've seen Twilight twice and took Justin the second time. I was afraid he'd mock me, but he was very nice. :) So fun that you and Kennedy can experience the vampires together--my girls are too young, but my mom loves all things Cullen--he, he!
Post a Comment