Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm a Sharer (is that a word?)

So, this week I've shared a couple of videos with you.  You my friends, family, and possible blog stalkers.  I hope you're friendly blog stalkers and not the scary kind.  If you are the scary kind just be aware that my husband is 6' 5" tall, an ex-Marine, skilled in martial arts, has a bazooka, and works from home so he's here all day long with our dog Pumpkin at his side.  Oh, and Pumpkin is a Doberman Pinscher/Pit Bull/German Shepard mix.


Just thought you should know.

Carrying on, the videos in my last 2 posts made me happy.  I thought they were cool.  Nothing of great importance or historical impact, but just little snippets of frivolity.  We all need a little frivolity from time to time.  Some of us depend upon it a little more often, but that's for another post at another time.

So, since I have been in the mood of sharing this week, I thought I would share something with a little more substance.  A little more depth.  A little more meaning.  A gift from me to you. Well, not really a gift because it's not mine to give.  Does that make sense?  Something so near and dear to me that it makes my eyes well up with emotion just thinking about it.


Some of you probably already know about this amazing website/blog.  And I'm sure you will concur of it's invaluable worth.  For the rest of you who are newbies, just know that this insight I've given to you today is more precious than anything I could have baked in my oven or wrapped in a pretty pink box (with brown and white polka dotted ribbon for added adorableness) to give to you.  If you peruse through her highly entertaining, perfectly written, beautifully pictured themes of her confessions, cooking, photography, home and garden, and homeschooling, you will quickly see why I could not help but shout from the rooftops (OK, shout from my computer table) that every woman needs to get to know Ree Drummond.

She is my best friend that I will never meet.

Seriously, she is TALENT.  She has more energy than any person I've ever not known (personally).  Her writing is PERFECTION.  She is a housewife in the middle of nowhere on a gorgeous ranch in Oklahoma who has the life that every woman wants.  She has the capabilities of reigning you in, keeping you captive and making you feel like you want to sit at her counter in her dream kitchen and watch her all day long living her unique and romanticized life.  This woman has it all and she's humble.  Never do you feel like she's fluffing her own feathers or being boastful.

Except when it comes to her husband's forearms.  She's unabashedly proud of those.

Be sure to check out her recipe collection.  You HAVE to try the 







These recipes are knock outs and will surely catapult you into fantastic cook status.  Whether you choose to divulge to your guests the source of your recipes is up to you.  I won't tell.  Take full credit if you choose.  PW (the Pioneer Woman) would probably support you completely.  

She's cool like that.

I told a friend that I've had almost spiritual experiences when cooking and eating her food. It is just so, so good.  The salads are incredibly flavorful.  And G'ma Iny's Prune Cake?! Forgetaboutit!  Even if you don't think you like prunes, try it.  It tastes like a spice cake and is SOOOOOOOO darn good.  TRY IT NOW!

Check out her website.  If you've been there before, you know why I've spent an entire post on her.  If this is your first visit, then all I can say is, "You're welcome".

And you can simply bring me a piece of that prune cake as payment. 


*Post note:  She also has incredible giveaways.  You and 20,000+ other people have the chance to win things like Nikon D90 cameras and Kitchenaid Mixers.  Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky... 


7 comments:

Rita said...

I don't know that I'll attempt any of the beautiful dishes but I am in absolute awe after briefly perusing her site. THANK YOU for sharing. I might have a dream or two about Captain Forearms tonight.

Amy and Brad said...

I LOVE PW - one of my favorite sites! (

Leslie said...

I, too, LOVE PW!! I have to admit I spend more time looking at her Photography, but will definitely be checking out her recipes now! Thanks! And we all loved the videos! :)

Chris said...

Well, I didn't know you had a blog.

I didn't know that you knew the Brenchley's either.

What other deep dark secrets are you keeping from me? :)

Cynthia said...

And the chaps. Don't forget the chaps. :) Love PW. When I first discovered her, I read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels straight through, completely ignoring my family for an entire afternoon in the process.

Hey, how did you like Guernsey? We read it for book club a few months ago and it was a big hit. We talked about doing a field trip there... or maybe it was more that we daydreamed about it.

Kristen said...

Cynthia,

I really liked Guernsey. Very enjoyable read. I would love to join your group for the field trip. I'll even volunteer to carry the luggage if you let me tag along!

Suzanne said...

I went to her blog...where do I start? I think it's gonna take a LOOONNG time to catch up.
So, you don't know her personally? You just stalk her? ;)
I did look at her NYC trip - well, at the least the first 2 days before making myself go to bed - I'll have to finish later, but I'm taking notes.