Coloring Outside the Lines would like to welcome
our first guest.
Jeffrey Jay has something he would like to share.
Part 1
Kristen has been asking me to be a "guest blogger" for some time. I have put off this request for quite a while, for two reasons. The first is that I'm not a very creative writer, I write clinical assessments and other boring psycho-socials reports all day...and yes they are as dry as they sound. The second reason is that I really have had nothing to say. I should clarify that I have nothing to say to Kristen's target audience. I would love to ramble about mountain biking, skiing, kayaking, cool iPhone apps and how hot that girl from Transformers is, but none of you care! What you do care about is a husband admitting to being wrong. Oh, yes...women love that!
So here it is. It's two parts so I'm really eating crow. For the past several years Kristen has bugged me about getting our secondary water tap fixed. You see there is so much pressure in our Weber water that it leaks...okay it pours out the top of the valve. This has created a little water spot...okay a large water spot. Kristen has called it our "pond". She's threatened to place fish in it and add other water features to it. I of course rolled my eyes at her exaggeration. You would think we had created a body of water worthy of mapping as evidenced by her protests. One morning heading out to work I stopped right in my tracks. "I told you so" was definitely in order.
Part 2
Okay, here it goes again, but when she's right she's right!. We have lived in glorious Farmington for the past 10 years. It is a really great place! I love all the walking and biking trails, Lagoon, tree lined streets and closeness to downtown SLC. I have also enjoyed Farmington Canyon. It is a great place to visit in the winter for back country skiing, snow shoeing and extreme sledding. During the summer it's a wonderful spot for hiking, camping and enjoying the beauty. There is however one catch. You must drive up a nasty, narrow, steep, dusty road for 9 miles. It is indeed a gnarly drive. I have been up several times, but in the 10 years have not convinced Kristen to take the drive. About 5 years ago we attempted the journey, but turned around after the first bend. It is true at least 2 people die on that road annually. After all it is a canyon in Utah. It screams "all rednecks unite, bring your oversized trucks, beer, low intellect and drive like hell!"
Well...Sunday the 5th of July proved to be different. I asked Kristen as I have many Sundays if she wanted to take a drive up the canyon, she surprised me with a "yes". I assured her that it was not that scary and quickly rushed the family in the Explorer before she changed her mind. We started our slow journey up the mountain, Kristen was tentative, but okay. We were no more than two miles up when...BAM! Kristen's nightmare became true! We were hit by a car racing down the mountain. The good news is no one was hurt, and only minor damage. I was mostly upset at the prospect that I would now never get Kristen up there! To my surprise after the police came and sited the other driver we completed our drive. As you can see in the last picture, it was worth the drive.


10 comments:
I love the puddle pond. You know Jason could help you fix that if you want.
I am not a fan of Farmington Canyon either. I have to pretend to be asleep and just close my eyes the entire ride and then I do okay.
You are great to admit the "I told you so's"
The pond is hysterical!! The kids loved it! As for the road up the canyon...I have a hard enough time driving over the pass each summer. Not sure I could handle it! Good to hear from you! :)
Yes, Leslie, the pass in Montana is intense. But at least it has a small rock wall to make you feel semi-safe. Farmington canyon has nothing. No guard rails of any kind. You can be as careful as you want but if someone came flying down and hit you, you could go off the road (and down deadly cliffs) easily. It's really scary.
Yay, yay, Jeffrey Jay. I like you ALMOST as much as I like your darling wife. And, I'd be up for reading some of your dry reports ;)
Kristen, QUICKLY print and laminate several copies in several sizes of those confessions. They will definitely come in handy.
Oh yeah, we'll be over next Monday night for FHE with dry bread to feed your ducks ;)
That is very amazing that you got him to be a "guest blogger!"
I'm pretty sure I'll never get Matt writing anything.
Jeff! I care about the hot girl from the Transformers movie (I call it the Megan Fox movie) but then, I'm new to Kristen's blog.
The ducks are a sign from God. I'm pretty sure.
I've never had the nerve to go past the first bend up the canyon -- my Bronco suddenly seems VERY big on that tiny road -- but that last picture may just do it for me.
You are a writer, Jeff! We'll be expecting to hear from you regularly!
I hate you for using that picture!!!! I was offering sympathy and trying to help and this is what I get?!
Nobody would have known it was you, Ms. Mystery Woman in the picture. You are beautiful - both the front and backside of you!
Post a Comment