Monday, May 31, 2010

A Case of the Heebie Jeebies

Brittan is a human defibrillator.


Late at night, when all is calm and still, he'll jump start your heart with a violent jolt of skin prickling peculiarity.

Perhaps you remember this?

He did it again last night.  Different location, same effect.

He fell asleep on the couch but woke himself up later and headed for his bedroom.  I bid him goodnight, he mumbled something about me being the most spectacular mom in the whole wide world (not really), and groggily climbed the staircase to his room.  45 minutes later I did the nightly check the children routine.

Check the children.  (to be read in a raspy, thin voice)



I suppose the laundry basket in the bathroom would be a soft place to land.

What does this experience teach me?  

First, it teaches me that Brittan has to have a personal escort upstairs each and every night. Tucked in tightly and secured in his own bed.  

Second, I have a lot of laundry to do today.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Tucked in tightly and securely might start to require some actual physical restraints ;) Funny kid.

Aim said...

That is hilarious. Arthur used to fall asleep in strange places, but he hasn't in a long time. The thing that I think is most funny is that you took a picture before you took him to his bed. Well I guess I am assuming that you took him to bed. I too have to take pictures when my kids do things like this.

Suzanne said...

Have fun doing your FAVORITE job!
...And THANKS A LOT for reminding me of my own pile on the floor waiting for me NOW...time to sign off the computer, I guess! :(