Monday, February 8, 2010

What I'll Do to Avoid the Treadmill


It's no secret.

I HATE the treadmill.

I'd rather peel off my toenails than run on it.

I loathe it that much.

So, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

This morning it was 22 degrees when I went out for this week's inaugural run.

Geared with fleece jacket and cap, gloves, and iPod, I quite enjoyed my brisk and frigid 4 mile jog.

But when I got home, Taiden greeted me with the most puzzled look.  He was studying my hair.

"Don't worry.  I'm not going to hug you."  

{I know my boys get grossed out by how much I sweat when I run.}

He continued to stare.

"Taiden."

Stare.

Then he pointed.

I looked in the mirror.

Holy Schmoly. 

Ice.    



So, now I know that sweat has the same freezing point as water.

{Good information to have handy.}


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow!! You go, girl! More power to you!

Aim said...

Wow that's impressive! I don't think I have ever seen frozen sweat.

Chadwick said...

Woot! Woot! Nice work.

KeNnEdOoDlE said...

Nice ice dreadlocks! I'm just glad I leave for school before you come home from running! That is pretty nasty.

Leslie said...

In case there was any doubt in your mind...You ARE a RUNNER! :)

Julie said...

All I can say is "Yikes!"

Will said...

WOW that's amazing

Trent and Britni said...

Go Kristen! Give me a treadmill any day over running in the freezing cold! But I must admit the outdoors are much better.