Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And So Begins '09 - '10

Shhhh!  Can you hear that?  


No?  

Listen harder.  Can you hear that?

Still no?

That's because there is nothing to hear.  The baby is down for his morning nap, his 3 older siblings are off to day 2 of the new school year, and I am sitting alone in the front room in total and complete and undisturbed quiet.

Ahhhh!  

Never did anything sound so good to my overstimulated ears.  

Now, don't get me wrong.  I stand by my claim that I really do enjoy having my kids home for the summer.  BUT, I always really enjoy when they go back to school too.  When the noise level reaches unhealthy decibels and when our days and nights get mixed up and when I start googling sites that carry straight jackets and padded rooms (for me, of course), I know that it is time for the public school system to become reacquainted with my children.

Bless their (monstrous) little end of summer souls.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.  Day 1 of the '09 - '10 school year.  8th grade, 5th grade, and 2nd grade.  Weren't they all Shaw's age just a week ago? What has Father Time done to my kiddos?  Sometimes it takes seeing them in a photo like this to remind me of how quickly life marches forward.


Thanks to their cousin Jesse, Britt and Taiden have a total obsession with anything motocross. They were so excited that their (coolest, hippest, generous and loving) mom bought them these Fox shirts. Hands down, these were THE first day of school shirts for them.  No question.



New kicks.


Kennedy had to report for her first 8th grade officer duties on Friday.  They helped with the 7th grade orientation day and the officers voted to wear their sweaters on the first day.  She was not thrilled.  Not only was it humid and hot (it rained that morning) but it TOTALLY cramped her style for her first day of school outfit.



Blast from my past backpack for Britt.  Remember that checkered pattern?  I think I had some girly Vans back in jr. high that had this design.



Taiden, aka - Jeff Junior, has had this backpack since Kindergarten.  KINDERGARTEN! He will not let us buy him a new one. He insists on using this until the bottom gives out (which it is very close to doing).  I've tried to convince him that it is OK to buy a replacement but he is set on setting some sort of Gregson family record.  Is he really my son and Brittan's brother?


One of these things is not like the others...  (Grow hair, grow!)


This is Kennedy's 1st day of school outfit worn on the second day of school.



Happy first week of school everyone!

6 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

oh that picute of your boys is a riot...poor shaw and his no hair!! too fun!

and the fox shirts are WAY cool!!!

Amy and Brad said...

Such CUTE kids! Enjoy your quiet :)

sandi said...

I remember those days of sudden peace and quiet. What was the best though was when they were ALL in school. You feel a little badly at first, but quickly learn to love your alone time. Of course then I had back to work, so it didn't last too long. Enjoy it while it lasts. The kids look awesome!

Jana said...

What a darling family! Enjoy those quiet, peaceful moments--mine start on Monday (hopefully)!

Chris said...

They all look great!

Taiden has had that backpack for that long? I'm impressed -- we're usually replacing packs mid-year.

I think the officer sweater is a good look -- I can't believe how big these kids are getting!

Kacey said...

Oh I am jealous of your quiet right now! LOL Your kids are adorable and I LOVE the guitar back pack!

I popped over from Chris' place and so glad I did. Your blog is fabulous and I love the cupcakes everywhere!