Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Does This Blog Make Me Look Fat?


I don't Twitter.

In fact, I didn't even know what Twitter was until my mom pointed out, 6 months ago, that my newest blog header had an uncanny resemblance to their logo.   

Tell me how my computer illiterate mother knew about Twitter and I didn't. 


Twitter's



Mine


Granted, their bird is a little more lean and svelte than my chunky chirpie, but you get the idea. I am NOT a poser.  Never want to be and slap me if I ever start acting like one.  This was a simple mistake.  I am not a Twitter wannabe.  

For fear of legal retaliation, I felt it was time for another blog face lift.  

Not really.  I mean not really about the legal retaliation part.  I'm serious about the face lift part.  That part was true.  The other part was a feeble attempt at adding some drama to this rather dull post.  Whatever.

Lucky for me I have an awesome sister-in-law, Amy, who is an extremely talented artist.  She paints murals professionally and does a fabulous job. Since I lack in that department (I can't even draw a circle that looks good) I asked her for some help.  I requested line drawings of cupcakes.  Above is what she came up with.  Ain't they purdy? Since she graduated with a degree in design and colors are her specialty, I hope she doesn't cringe at my choice of Crayola tones. 

Amy whipped these little cups of sweetness up in no time at all.  She drew them while washing the dog, folding the laundry, doing family history, and baking a souffle (yes, all simultaneously). She's THAT good.

Thanks, Amy!  I owe you.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes. Yes, i was doing ALL those things. Whatever. . . you make me laugh.

Amy and Brad said...

Love the new look!

Daina Crowell said...

Love the new look, adorable! Also, I am flattered we made your gratitude list, we had such a great time with you guys are your awesome kids!

Mitchell Family said...

love it!!

Lori said...

Cupcakes, Yum!

Love the look.

Rita said...

Love it!