Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We Shoot for the Stars 'Round These Here Parts

The start of the year is always a time for renewal. A time for reflection. A time to make resolutions to increase personal health, foster better relationships, improve humanity is some small way.

My beloved husband set a New Year's Resolution. Oh yes, he did. He set a goal for himself to watch seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the TV series LOST so he can get caught up on all the buzz that revolves around this mysteriously addicting show.

Since it's debut, we've wanted to follow LOST. The problem lies with the fact that our weeknights are really busy. You know, all the stuff that we all do as multiple offspring families. We also don't have high tech gadgets like TiVo.  Just a TV and lack of time. I guess we could dust off our archaic VCR and try pushing record.



Last night, as we finished watching episode 22 of season 1, Jeff smiled and rather boastfully stated, "I've really done a good job sticking with my goal. Most people have given up on their resolutions by now." Sigh. Oh, sweetheart. You make me proud. Fighting the urge to stop watching these amazingly acted, filmed, and well told stories. You are a pillar of strength. ;D

I'll be picking up season 2 at the library today. It's the least I can do to support my hubby in this monumental endeavor. Like the post title states, "We shoot for the stars 'round these here parts". The world and all mankind will be a better place when we fully know the lives, trials, and happenings of Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, John, Michael, Walt, Sun, Jin-Soo, Charlie, Claire, and Shannon. 

Poor Boone. May he rest in peace.

8 comments:

Aim said...

Watching shows on DVD is way better than watching it on TV anyway. No adds, no waiting a week to find out what happens next. That's the way we do it.

Lori said...

I have never seen Lost or any of those others. I understand not having the time to watch. My favorite show is just plain old Good Eats. Hopefully everyone is in bed by 9 and it is my half hour of bliss. (I think I am secretly in love with Alton Brown)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great resolution! WHy don't I set fun ones like that??? I always try really hard ones. I think next year I'm going to try something like this!

Don't you love Lost? It probably makes more sense to you than me since I can't remember half of what has happened previously! Maybe I should re-watch those episodes too!!!

Jen

Melissa said...

We love Lost too!

Amy and Brad said...

As a hopeless LOST addict: Yay for Jeff and Kristen! Jeff's New Year's Resolution is probably the best one I've heard! Everybody should be watching LOST. Everybody. I fully support you both on this quest...and when you get all caught up I know about an awesome LOST blog you have to start reading!

Leslie said...

That is so funny! Greg has been wanting to do the same thing! However, he hasn't started yet! Maybe I will have to pick Season 1 up for him this weekend. Good luck, Jeff!

Mitchell Family said...

i'm starting to understand why jer and jeff get along so well...simple men, simple pleasures. by the way, thanks for the shout out on the gratitude list...i'm feeling like i just won a personal 'grammy' of some sort. i'm assuming you don't want an acceptance speach, so i'll just say i feel the same way. your the best, thanks for putting up with me.

Suzanne said...

Are we not suppose to be using the VCR to record shows anymore??? I didn't get the memo. That's how we do it...when we remember...and the power doesn't go out...and the antenae doesn't fall & create a bad recording...or the tape isn't too thrashed. That's how I get my ONE show, D.H!

We're the worst at being able to participate in any conversations about TV shows - we know nothing!