Friday, February 20, 2009

Hodgepodge: Part 2

This week I will officially embark upon a creative adventure unlike any I have attempted before. It's top secret so no I can't tell you. But it's gonna be good. A close friend coaxed me onto a path of immense possibilities and I can't wait to see where it leads us. This voyage will probably stretch our talents until we want to cry, but in our mind's eye the end results will be worth every single agonizing step.  She also assured me that we'll no longer have mortgage payments and she mentioned something about being on Oprah. ;D  Wishful thinking but it's always nice to dream. Even as an adult.


I signed Britt for the after school dodgeball club. This is a utopia for 1 - 3 graders who have excess energy and desire the dodge, dive, and roll around on the ground. When he came home the first week beet red, drenched in sweat, and with a contagious smile on his face, I asked him what he liked most about it. He paused, contemplating my reaction, and slyly announced, "I liked it because I hit this really mean gill (girl) in the head with the ball and it was OK to do it. It's part of the game!" As any mother would do with her impressionable child, I gave him the whole talk about how it's never good to take our frustrations out physically, that we just need to walk away, blah, blah, blah. After I finished he looked at me seriously and said, "Yeah, but mom it felt really good to hit her with the [soft, squishy] ball. She's REALLY mean". He probably has a point. I can think of a hand full of mean people I'd like to have in a dodgeball ring

Son, numero tres, is now pulling himself up to a standing position.  Don't want to talk about it. Just look at the picture.  Sorry if the photo is a bit blurry.  I was having a melt down behind the camera.


Taider Bug is a faithful BYU fan.  Most of his school papers come home looking like this.  He's not in your face about the fact that he thinks the Y rocks.  That's not his style.  He just quietly leaves his mark (i.e. block letters) wherever he can and patiently listens to other boisterous boys describe their disdain for his beloved Cougars.  Taiden can handle the adversarial taunting.  He's cool like that.  But he knows that BYU is THE university of Utah.  

8 comments:

Mitchell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitchell Family said...

I'm a big fan of adventures. 'O' yes I am! :)

Hay Dub said...

Hey Kristen! I saw your blog from Lori Farnsworths. Looks like you guys are so awesome and your kids are so darn cute. Lori told me you had another little boy and he looks like a little sweetie. I can't believe how grown up Kennedy is. She is so beautiful. I drive by your house and think I should stop by and say hi! Thanks for all you did for Aree and me. We really appreciate it! I hope I get to pay it forward someday. Haylee

Lori said...

Ahh the fun. I'm all for no house payments, is that part of the plan or just dreaming?

Rita said...

I love that little family of yours. This is what I know about your secret venture...it will be super successful because you are Mrs. Talent. Don't forget us little people when you hit it big, big, big. And puleeeaaase invite me to your Oprah taping!!

Aim said...

I'm excited to know what this creative adventure is going to be.

Suzanne said...

Hmmm...do I know that "in your face" TYPE of boy you're referring to?!? :)

Kristen said...

I actually wasn't thinking of "you know who", but there are plenty more of his TYPE over at the school.