Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shaw, Meet Monet. Monet, This is Shaw.

Yesterday, my mom and I (along with our budding lover of art, Shaw) went up to the Utah Museum of Fine Art on the U of U campus. There was a visiting art exhibit from a museum in Cleveland called Monet to Picasso. It was amazing. What an awe inspiring experience to be among the actual work of such great artists as Monet and Picasso (obviously), Renoir, Cezanne, Sauret, Dali, Van Gogh, Rodin (I saw "The Thinker"!!!!!), Mondrian, Matisse, Gaughuin, and others. There was almost a reverence throughout the gallery. It was incredible. The exhibit will be there until September 21 if any of you locals want to go.



"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up."

- Pablo Picasso

5 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

How cool! I doubt this exhibit will be coming to Walla Walla :(

Unknown said...

I am jealous!

Rita said...

Wow. I'm putting it on my list. So glad Shaw enjoyed it ;-)

Aim said...

I totally agree with the Picasso quote. I love kids art. I so need to make it to that show!

Mitchell Family said...

hey old woman...where is the bmx post. now you can truly say you are a woman who is well rounded! maybe shaw can wear his skull t-shirt to the next art exhibit you attend!