Thursday, September 25, 2008

Daily PJ Party?

This morning, as the kids were getting ready for school, I was in the process of making several batches of peach jam (using up the remaining peaches from my previous post...peaches that are on their way out and getting overly ripe). I was still in my PJ's like I am many mornings when they head out the door. I choose not to jockey for bathroom space since there are 4 other members of this family that need to get out the door before me. So, my boys were leaving and Taiden asked, "Mom, do you stay in your pajamas all day long?" WHAT?! I asked him, "Am I in my PJ's when you get home from school?" He smiled and knew that was not the case, but it got me thinking: What do my kids think I do all day? Do they think I lounge around, play their Nintendo DS and watch Spongebob? Maybe build something with their Legos or put on Britt's Transformer helmet and pretend to be Optimus Prime when my friends come over? Do they think I am a lazy mom and just putz around doing a whole lotta nothing? I thought my early morning efforts of making them homemade peach preserves would count for something but all they noticed was that I had morning breath, bedhead, and I was sporting some pretty scroungy duds.


Maybe they'll have to eat cold cereal for dinner tonight because I'll be too busy jumping on the neighbor's trampoline all afternoon! :)

3 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Who doesn't love a good old transformer party. they say parent pay days are few and far between, since for the most part your children take EVERYTHING you do for them for granted...just stop doing the laundry, making dinner, bottleing the latest fruit preserves and cleaning...they'll figure it out soon enough what you do all day long. or just wait for when they are parents complaining of the same thing and you can say that long awaited phrase we as parents can't wait to say to our children...."I TOLD YOU SO"

Rita said...

Hey, we have cold cereal for dinner every so often. I figure it's full of vitamins and everyone at our house likes it. Those 2 criteria put it above many other things we eat around here!

Suzanne said...

I HAVE been asked (by another adult), "What DO you do all day?" and "Do you get bored?" NOT A GOOD IDEA to ever say that to a Mom!