Friday, September 19, 2008

Nature's Air Freshener


I wish my blog had scratch & sniff capabilities. Oh, if you could only smell my car. When you open the doors, the sweet fragrance of Brigham City's finest just smacks you in the face. Thanks to Bro. Tingey in our ward (the owner of the orchards and delivery man) I didn't have to drive 45 minutes north to pick them up.

Don't be too impressed (or think that I have completely lost all sanity). These are not all for us. We had friends and family request that we place orders for them. I feel like a peach dealer. $14 a half bushel basket. I am canning (and making into several fresh peach pies) 1 and 1/2 bushels (3 baskets). Oh, these will taste amazing when the snow is falling.

* Not pictured - 3 more baskets in Jeff's car

3 comments:

Rita said...

Honestly, my mouth started watering the instant I saw the picture. Peaches are my favorite, favorite food...above any treat, candy, or creamy pasta sauce even!! Have fun canning (if possible) and eating that yummy pie...your lucky visiting teaching sisters ;-)

Suzanne said...

Hey - I KNOW Rita (the 1st commentor on this post). We've run races/relays together! (She's in my friend, Mandy's ward and she hooked us up!) That was weird to see her pic. How do you know her?
Sorry, that was a random, unrelated-to-your-post type comment. :)
But, do ya need another peach recipe? I've got a yummy Creamy Peach dessert one!

Aim said...

You should try making peach lassi's. I finally found a recipe for lassi's that is tasty and very easy.