It's college football season.
In Utah, well, it brings with it a lot of intensity and buckets of animosity.
Neighbors against neighbors. Brothers against brothers. Friends become foes for the duration of the season, only to rekindle their camaraderie when the last football is thrown.
(I'll see you in December, Randee.)
Do you bleed red or do you bleed blue?
We've learned that the lines are drawn at an early age. Not only do our kids need to plant themselves firmly in moral values and principles, but they also have to declare allegiance and devotion to a team. A school.
It is as if their core, fundamental beings can't fully develop until they have chosen a side.
(Don't believe me? Seem too extreme? Go hang out in the elementary school cafeteria for 5 minutes September - November. They're discussing a whole heckuvalot more than fruit snacks and sandwich contents. )
In honor of this emotionally charged time of year, I thought I might share with you this clever video from my Alma Mater. You may remember the funny ads that I shared in a previous post - this is a play on the Old Spice commercial.
Very clever. Very smart.
(Thanks to my friend, Alysa, for sharing this. She is actually a Utah fan and I have never held it against her. Nope, not even for 1 day.)
Go Cougs!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment