Thursday, September 9, 2010

Either I Have a Severe Case of Short Term Memory Loss or My Toddler's a Klepto

Yesterday, while Kennedy was at an Ortho appointment, I took 3 minutes to run into a grocery store for some toilet paper.


(My family really likes TP and they start to get a little annoyed when we run out and they have to go without.)

(Yes, they're spoiled, I know.)

I had my little 2 year old buddy with me. I grabbed my package of unscented ultra soft 2-ply, and headed for the checkout. Thank heavens for the express line. One and a half minutes later, I was out the door with my toddler and tissue.

When in the driver's seat, I reached into my purse to rummage for my keys.

(Let me pause here to say that, indeed, some purses are too big. My purse would be one that would fit into the unnecessarily ginormous category. On a daily basis, I'm inconvenienced by the fact that the bottom of my purse is a deep abyss and I can't ever get anything out of it quickly. My wallet, checkbook, cell phone, keys and the occasional package of gum are all lost in the black empty chasm at the base of my handbag. Oh, and the pens which I have unknowingly borrowed from countless businesses.)

As I was feeling around for my keys, my hand brushed against something that crinkled - not a normal sound for my purse. I looked inside and found a package of Hostess Snowballs.



I honestly sat there for a full minute staring at them.

And that's when the 2 trains of thought - that named this post - went through my mind.

Let's take a vote.

I don't remember buying them, but with the amount of paint fumes being inhaled lately, it is a possibility.

OR

Was Shaw just securing an after dinner snack for himself using the stealth of a ninja?

What's your verdict?

4 comments:

Daina Crowell said...

It must be in the Gregson blood! When Sarah was tiny we would always find stuff stashed in her carseat or stroller from stores. I've had to return socks, silverware, small toys and hair bows (all before her first birthday!)

Trent and Britni said...

That is too hilarious!! Man he is one quick little man! Love it!!

Suzanne said...

I think it must be Shaw...because WHO would buy SnoBalls on their own free will? Bleeehhhck! :)

P.S. What did you do?

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good...I remember a day of shopping with a three year old Kristen that took us to a shop to buy fabric for a baby quilt. I picked up a roll of batting while I was looking around and not finding what I wanted, left the store. Realizing I still had the roll of batting tucked under my arm, I went back and apologized to the clerk. My sweet little too-smart-for-her-own-good three year old said, "Yeah, she always does that!"

Grandma Ehman