If you read about my Grand Idea and came away feeling a bit uncomfortable and questioning whether or not I have experienced a new level of rational absurdity, you're probably not alone. I think a lot of you scratched your heads, raised your eyebrows and thought - silently or out loud - "she's weird".
Jeff warned me that he thought this might happen.
My last post was completely, 100%, wholly, and unequivocally a joke.
I tried to make it sound legit - albeit a little zany - and then subtly leave a clue at the end that I was not being a bit serious. While I completely, 100%, wholly, and unequivocally do believe that every married couple - young or old - could benefit from marriage counseling, I certainly would never offer that suggestion to any newlyweds. And certainly never give it as a wedding gift.
{Can you imagine?}
I hope this clarification has offered you a bit of relief. Whew! We can still be friends. :)
I guess at this point I should give you my actual solution to the June wedding gift marathon.
Don't know why I waited almost 17 years to buy a cake pedestal for myself, but I've loved mine and hope they love theirs too. It may not bring them a life altering awakening like my previous grand idea, but it will look pretty on their kitchen counter and bring a touch of sweetness to their marriage.
I delivered two today and have another wrapped and ready to go. My nephew's fiance' has a bridal shower in Idaho this weekend and we're heading up north for the exciting occasion.
Have a great weekend!
*Post note: Rita, you're so cute. Me sew an apron? Oh, you jest!

2 comments:
I have always wanted a cake stand but I have never been able to justify buying one for myself. I also have wanted to make me a ceramic one, but I haven't gotten around to that either. So I think that's a fabulous idea! But I thought it would be pretty funny to see the happy bride and groom open the card with the marriage counseling gift. Their reaction to that one could be quite humorous.
Perfect gift. How fun. I don't have one but my sister does. She keeps it on her counter and uses it for all manner of decoration when it's not is use as intended. Way cute.
Maybe your grand idea hit too close to home for us old-timers! Ha ha. I'm telling you, go back to law school and then you could offer a combo counseling/divorce mediation. Either way, they'd be covered.
I surely do NOT jest about the sewing lesson. You would learn in about 10 minutes!! I'll make you a gift certificate for a free lesson ;)
Post a Comment