Perhaps you remember my husband, Jeff, and his propensity at being a minimalist. In case you've forgotten, you can read all about it here.
He's all about using it up, making it do, buying it cheaper, and making it last.
I love him. I really, really do. He's a good man. An excellent father. A patient husband. An all around great guy. He's also very cheap. As in tightfisted, frugal, penny-pinching. Spending money is not his favorite thing to do. In fact, it's one of his least favorite things to do.
Normal people, when it is apparent that their youngest child has grown out of his pajamas, would go out and buy a replacement pair. A pair that fits comfortably and looks cute and snugly.
Not my husband.
When getting Shaw dressed for bed last night, he realized that our little sprout has grown out of his footed PJ's. Jeff, priding himself in being the next generation MacGyver, resolved the problem with a pair of scissors.
Ghetto Exhibit A
Ghetto Exhibit B
Now Shaw can actually stand up straight while wearing these Carter brand beauties, rather than being hunched over because they're too small. His feet slip in and out of these opened toed heel warmers. These babies are good for another 6 - 8 months or so. Heck, when summer comes, it may turn into a tank top and capris length pajama set.
Anything to save a dime.
2 comments:
Then I guess I'm "Ghetto" too (and not "normal"), since I believe I've done that before...with the boys' PJ's, that is. NOT the girls - they need CUTE & presentable jammies! ;)
Just a couple of days ago, Brookelle's big toes were sticking out of her footed jammies (the pressure had created holes, I guess!?) and of course, it bothered her to see that. She was pointing at and fussing about her toes.
My solution? Just put on her slippers and cover it up! "Out of Sight, Out of Mind!" right?
HaHaHaHahahaha! I just cut the feet off Williams truck jammies that look just like Shaw's. It's not Ghetto it is Frugal. Good job Jeff!
Post a Comment