Today, the gray matter in my head didn't let me down.
Taiden's class played a game in which they were asked what words like "oink", "sizzle", and "whoosh" are called. He couldn't believe that his teacher would ask such a hard question.
I knew the answer.
"Onomatopoeia," I said casually.
Today I was smarter than a 5th grader.
{Whew!}
5 comments:
Correct that... Smarter than an 8th grader too!
Smarter than a "middle aged" lady, too! ;)
Does it mean something along the lines of "sound effects?" (Just guessing from content.)
Suzanne - it means "the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named". I can't remember when I learned that, but it stick and is still in my brain. I always loved my English and writing classes, so I probably paid closer attention to those teachers. :D Math on the other hand...
Awesome! I love it when our kids get a little glimpse of how great their mom is!!
Holy Cow that is a very cute letter header :)
Post a Comment