Don't know why, but this song cheers me up. It's Kennedy's latest iTunes download and it is oh-so-perky-and-cheery-with-a-touch-of-playful-curiosity. Not the deepest of songs lyrically or advanced musically, but it's clever and peppy and I like the imagery the words give.
When I hear the melodious whimsy, it makes me want to run out into an emerald green meadow somewhere and dance my little hidden childish heart out while wearing glittering butterfly wings and a polka dot tutu.
Doesn't that sound fun?
(blank stares)
(crickets chirping)
OK, doesn't that sound kinda fun?
(the sound of a pin dropping)
Well, I'm going to find that magical emerald green meadow somewhere (maybe I'll go to Ireland to find it) and I'm gonna dance without a care in the world. Maybe I'll take some ribbon streamers to really give it my desired effect.
(I promise you won't have to watch.)
(That goes out to you too, Ry-Ry. Try to give this jaunty and bubbly song a chance.)

1 comments:
I do feel like dancing but not in a tutu, those things are scratchy!
Very cool song, my kids both knew it. I will have to download it.
Post a Comment