Monday, October 12, 2009

Harmful to a Landfill But a Blessing to My Hips

This is the only kind of cake that is allowed in my house at the moment.


One that is cute and festive and calorie free.

100% calorie free.


This one is for baby Seth.  Apparently he is fashionably set and in no need of clothes for the next 15 years.  BUT, he does need an abundance of paper underthingys.  Paper underthingys to go beneath all of those clothes.

For his mother's sake, I hope that's not for the next 15 years.

 

The chocolate is for his mum.  To help with those late night feedings or hormonal down swings.

'Cause we all know that chocolate sings to a woman's soul.

Oh, sweet visions of chocolate bliss.



That makes the onset of lactation latching more tolerable.

***

* Post Note:  Before you start leaving me comments about how you shouldn't ever eat chocolate while nursing, and how nervy I must be to suggest such a thing, let me state for the record (while raising my right hand) that I never had trouble with any food while I nursed 4 babies.  Never.  Not chocolate.  Not jalapeno peppers dipped in chocolate. Not jalapeno peppers stuffed with horseradish-anchovies dipped in chocolate.  If Baby Seth's mum can't eat the above mentioned confectionery, she will know to not feel pressured to partake.

And will be encouraged to use the (provided) return to sender self-addressed stamped envelope. 

***

*Additional Post Note:  I'm certain I have the piggy flu.  It hit me like a ton of bricks tonight (or maybe it's because that's all they talked about on the 10 o'clock news).

If anyone is willing to delurk for the benefit of my welfare, I'd much appreciate it.  I'm sure it will make me feel so much better and help minimize my symptoms.  All you mysterious people out there not ever stopping to say, "Hello there, Kristen!"  "Top of the mornin' to ya, Kristen!"  "We'd love to send you chocolate, Kristen!"

So, please, just this once...for a feverish woman?

Bless you.


  

9 comments:

mmhamblin said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! Get into the Dr. ASAP so you can get the tamiflu. It's a life saver! Jacob got the flu and it really helped him. You have to start taking it within 48 hours of developing a fever though. Good luck!

Leslie said...

Yuck!! I hope you get over it soon, and that it doesn't make its rounds through the house!! By the way, it is looking like we will be out there for Thanksgiving. We'd love to see you guys if you'll be around!

Lori said...

Okay so I had to look up the word delurk but now I get it. I hope you get feeling better soon.

As for chocolate and nursing I ate everything and nothing bugged Sadie but broccoli and caffeine. Lots of caffeine not the small amounts that are in chocolate. And all it did was make Sadie spit up a lot. So I the days I needed a little extra dosing to keep going I would just make sure Sadie wore ugly clothes and I had a towel with me at all times.

Get feeling better.

Chadwick said...

Get feeling better, feverish woman!

Rita said...

At the pumpkin patch last week in the crowd of kids looking at the petting farm pigs, I heard the following conversation:
Kid 1: Awww. Cute little baby pigs.
Kid 2: Yeah but you could get the swine flu.

So sorry you're sick, sick, sick. Best wishes for a speedy yuck.

Aim said...

Kristen,
I'm so sorry that you are sick! My sister is going in tomorrow to be induced to have her 5th baby and her husband tested positive for the swine flu today. I hope you don't get hit too hard!

Julie said...

I hope you feel better soon and that it doesn't make the rounds through the whole family. Wish I were closer to bring a bit of soup and some TLC. TRY and get some rest (I say try because as I mom I know when I get sick I still don't get a break!) Take care!

sandi said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick. Hopefully you will be on the ment. Did you get the results of your test yet? Be sure to let me know what you find out. We were all together on Sunday and if we get it we will at least know what it is. Love ya!

L said...

Are you feeling better yet? I hope so! I thought of you lots last week as we enjoyed our magical week at Disneyland. I am sad now to see as we were splashing down Briar Rabbit's laughing spot, you were oinking. But, I hope you are doing better now. You are too funny, love your blog! You are a great writer!