Sunday, September 20, 2009

Is it Just Me?

A.  Am I the only one who got this joke from my last post?


(Speaking to G'pa Hoover) "I hope you're not a member of AARV."
Jeff usually gets all of my cryptic jokes but he had to ask me about this one. Did anyone else get it besides me and my abstruse mind?  Perhaps I was reaching too far and missed the humor of the masses mark.

B.  Does anyone else think that Lagoon trail, heading north from 300 N. until in reaches Main Street, smells exactly like sweet pickles?

Call me crazy (my kids and husband do) but that portion smells just like home canned bread and butter pickles.  The potency is intensified at the half way point. When you go for a run, or a power walk, or saunter, inhale deeply and you'll see what I mean.  Jeff informs me that it is just the fallen fruit from the trees that is smelling fermented and vinegary. I personally think there are hidden jars of pickled cukes lining the path so that passerbyers have something to discuss over the dinner table.

Or, perhaps, blog about.

C.  Does anyone else think that my hubby has a remarkable resemblance to Tom Cavanagh? 

You know, from of the cancelled TV show  - Ed.  Not only in looks but in quirky humor and kooky cuteness.  The show was taken off air years ago (much to my dismay - it was one of my favorites)  but we still have friends who call him "Ed".  Some of his clients have made the same comparison.





D.  Does anyone else ever do stupid things like this?



No, I am not talking about the disheveled scissors, and pencils, and pens, and markers all shoved into the same cup holder.  I'm talking about the toothbrush.  MY toothbrush.  The kids pointed it out to me one afternoon.

Good thing I found a replacement.  I guess it was a busy morning.


E.  Does anyone else agree that this is an awesome "self reflecting" spot for rambunctious boys?


F.  Can you think of anything cuter to watch, on a Sunday afternoon, than a toddler frantically slurping down a juice box without taking a single breath?



The whole time he drinks his juice I keep thinking, "breathe...breathe...breathe".  His eyes start bulging due to lack of oxygen.  I could just gobble him up whole.

Also, as is apparent in this video, Brittan has taken a liking to singing his Primary songs Southern Baptist style.  "I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ..." has never been sung with such gusto and supreme verve.  I'm sure the Primary President is glad we'll be on vacation next Sunday when the kids do the Sacrament program.


8 comments:

Lori said...

This whole post was great entertainment. I have a comment for every thing but the one that made me scream out noooo....I am really going to miss your boys next week. I love the southern baptist style singing. He can be heard!, it is lovely. I don't think the songs will sound as good with out them.

Unknown said...

I got the AARV thing. I laughed. Jeff is slow.

Kristen said...

Thanks, Amy! Jeff just isn't down with all of the acronyms out there.

Suzanne said...

(C) I LOVED the TV show, Ed!!! We actually discovered it during Season 2, I think...so we've always hoped it would come out on DVD so we could see all the "prequels" to the episodes we soooo ENJOYED. But, if it can't even stay on the air, I doubt they'll accomodate our DVD desires! I'm still mad it got cut!

(A) I had to think over & over to myself, "AARV...AARV...AARV?" for several seconds, but then I DID get it!

(D) I also had to look at your mug and study it as I thought, "What's wrong with it?" The toothbrush blended right in to me! (Maybe I'm the one who's slow, too!)

(E) Did you know you have 2 "E's" But both boys ARE cute in them! ;) I hope mentioning this doesn't "ruffle" this Coloring-outside-the-lines Gal too much! :)

sandi said...

I totally got the AARV, but then I'm old and pretty much knew what the AAR stood for in the first place. Then the vacuum was your topic of conversation.....come on Jeff! And yes, Jeff does look like Tom Cavanaugh. He just needs a little more sun. Shaw is adorable!!

Kristen said...

Suzanne,

Thanks for keeping me on track. The 2nd "E" is now changed to an "F".

Whew!

Rita said...

A. Totally GOT it and laughed out loud. VERY clever.

B. It sounds delicious but I've never been there in the open air. Does it smell that way when you're racing by in a car because you are 13.5 minutes late for a school district meeting?

C. Jeff=Ed totally...but you are so much cuter even that the darling blond girl that was a co-star.

D. Once threw a box of Bounce sheets into the dryer and keeping out the single I intended to deposit therein.

E. YIKES!

F. Definitely cute but quite anxiety-producing for this mom. I'm sure his YOUNGER SISTER will put him to shame by following this same trip with a robust belch. Get on that project, will you?...Tell Jeff that I said you're young enough to go again ;)

And finally, we've got a Primary Music Director that might want to talk to Brittan...maybe start up a little boy band or something...HE gave a little fist pump during the Primary program on Sunday when the kids were performing well. HA HA. Still funny.

Anonymous said...

Still think jeff is somewhere between Ed and Gob.