I'm posting this brief confession for Jeff's sake. He wondered, with a smug look on his "Ed"ish face, if I was willing to post about all facets of my life.
Yes, I am.
***
I ran out of gas yesterday.
In front of my kids' school.
My boys had to walk, just a couple of blocks, to their dentist appointment.
I had to call a reliable "go to" gal in my ward.
Luckily, she stock piles gas and had an abundance on hand.
I guess using all of my gas up, by going to Tai Pan Trading with a friend, isn't a smart thing to do.
And forgetting to get gas on the way home is an even un-smarter thing to do.
In the future, when my check gages signal lights up in my car, I will pay closer attention.
It's not fun running on fumes.
'Cause a car won't run on vapors.
And neither can we.
In life.
8 comments:
oh kristen! seriously!!! I am betting you called mindy...i'd make a wadger on it. Funny for me, not so for you!
Oh I have been there. Only it was the middle of the night on the freeway between st. george and cedar city. And my car was full of sleeping kids It wasn't pretty.
About the bread, if you want I would come help you make it or you could come over when I make it. It really is easy but I can understand being nervous.
Who runs out of gas these days?? I think your car was trying to tell you something...it was all lit up and everything... (just kidding.) That totally SUCKS rocks that you ran out of gas! It is SO one of my biggest fears... so I'm glad (in a not-being-mean-way) that it was you and not me. Wowzers!
Exactly, Megan! It was actually Carol who came to my rescue. When she got there, I kept saying, "Who does this?" "What kind of person runs out of gas?"
It was such a pain, but luckily Carol is always prepared, willing to help, and has a phone number that I have memorized.
This was a first (and last) for me!!!!!!!!
REALLY?!? I'm kind of SHOCKED this happened to YOU! What's going on? Are you feeling OK? ;)
Now, to ME? This sort of thing would DEFINITELY happen - and HAS multiple times. (And involved walking along a sidewalk-less road carrying a gas can with 3 small children in tow - because I didn't happen to have my cell phone that day, either!)
That's why I want to live by one of the pieces of advise I wrote on my blog lately - "Always keep your gas tank half full."
Don't ever go with Jack unless you are watching the gas gage...because he never watches it, but I do. And you are right, it only happens once!
Carol Hammerstrom?!?!?!?
No, Carol Hess!
Post a Comment