It's time. I've known that it was coming and that it was inevitable. But today is the first step towards recovery and conquering my addiction. My vice. My plague. I'm gonna whip this insatious craving once and for all. It's not going to be pleasant or pretty. In fact, it's going to be downright awful. But it's time. Now or never. My drug of choice that I will no longer partake of on a daily basis?
Sugar.
By sugar I mean sweets, treats, desserts, confectioneries, baked goods, candies, and the such.
I'm serious when I say that I have a problem. A problem that usually involves headaches, (more) orneriness (than is typical), fidgeting, and obsessive longing when I try to go off of it. Can anyone out there relate? Sugar truly is my fix and I need to break off with this unhealthy relationship. January 7, 2009 is the day. You will be my audience. You will be my support. Please cheer me on or scold me swiftly in regards to my sugar sobriety. I will keep you posted throughout the next 2 weeks- the first step in my cleanse. No sweets. Period. No manipulating food categories to make it work towards my benefit either (i.e., "A graham cracker really isn't THAT sweet. It's a cracker, right?") Believe me, I know all the tricks! This cleanse will also include not eating after dinner. That's my deepest time of weakness. That's when I start hearing gentle whispers coming from my kitchen cupboards beckoning me in to partake. I. Will. Be. Strong.
Once my detox is complete, I will return to an acceptable sugar amount (for me)... 1x/week. I have found that this is the only way I can lose the excess tubbiness. I've done it before and lost 25 pounds. Limiting my sugar AND no cupboard grazing after dinner. Exercise is never a problem. I love it thoroughly. It's my addictive love affair with carbs that has put me where I am.
Thanks for being part of my accountability team. I promise there will be no fleshy pictures posted during my process.
I'm not nearly that open nor that cruel.
7 comments:
My weakness is totally chocolate and sugar. I should do this, I will have to think about it. So does this mean that you won't eat anything that has sugar in it. Like yogurt, bread etc. Or are you just avoiding dessert type stuff?
Just desserts or anything considered a sweet treat.
So will you still have the liquid gold?
I don't make that very often..maybe once every 2 - 3 months. It's so good but so fattening. Yes, I will have it occasionally. I will just make sure that I eat it on my pancakes and not on a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream!
Hey--homemade vanilla doesn't have any sugar in it. Enough of that and you won't even remember sugar.
You're a good, strong, and brave girl. VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE...Think in your best Nacho Libre voice, "You are strong and fast like a gazelle. You can do eet. Pray for help."
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I feel your pain! I have major sugar issues also. And when I was nursing Danny he would get terrible stomach aches (unable to sleep, writhing in pain, etc.) whenever I ate ANY sweets. So, I had to go off cold turkey...for almost 10 months. I will tell you that the first week was hell and after that it wasn't so bad. I lost 15 pounds without even trying, too! My "treats" over that time period were red apples - they tasted like candy to me :)
You can do it! I'm even tempted to join you...
Good for you! I'm starting my new "fitness plan"(I like that better than diet) on Monday!
Post a Comment