While my boys may not be the future poster children for "America's Cleanest Kids" (see previous post), I do have to say that they make up for their germ infested hands by being kind and thoughtful. 2 situations I observed this morning:
- Taiden asked if he could get Shaw out of his crib this morning. He ran upstairs to get his "daily Christmas gift" and I observed a sweet exchange between my oldest and youngest sons on the video baby monitor in my bedroom. Taiden quietly approached his brother, rubbed Shaw's bald little head, and said, "Hi there sweet boy." He then gathered him up in his blankets and said, "Come here sweetheart." 9 years old and not afraid of using the word sweetheart. That's my tender Taiden.
- Brittan has his Thanksgiving feast at school today. Everyone in the class was supposed to bring something they were grateful for. "It can't be bigger than my fist," Britt said quoting his teacher's instructions. He thought for half a nanosecond and decided he wanted to take a picture of Shaw. We cut one out and Brittan earnestly said, "Mom, when I show it to my class, I may get a little misty eyed". His exact words, I promise. Britt isn't afraid to show his love.
So, while my boys may not always be perfectly coiffed and they may not always smell like roses, I am grateful that they are boys, through and through, that they know how to love and show emotions, and they aren't afraid to express themselves tenderly. That means more to me than all the clean bedrooms in the world.
4 comments:
I got a little misty-eyed reading this. What great little boys. It sounds like Shaw has been the miracle addition to your family that Alec was to ours. Who says a 5+ year gap is a bad thing?
Your future daughters-in-law will thank you, too! So great that they can express their love easily. What great boys. Good job to you and Jeff both!
Seriously, you have such sweet boys! I am incredibly impressed that your 9 year old boy would say sweetheart. That is darling that they express their love so well.
Post a Comment