Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 4, 2008

Yesterday was a monumental day on so many levels:

  • The most expensive presidential campaign in history came to an end
  • Voter turn out was the largest it's ever been
  • Our country elected the first African-American to the office of president
  • Brittan James Gregson turned 7 years old

Now, I am not saying that my son's day of birth recognition is as important as the election of the new Commander in Chief. I'm not saying that. But Britt might. I actually think it's cool that both of these significant events just happened to take place on the same day. This will be a birthday that Brittan will never forget. He liked Obama and voted for him at his school's kid election. He, as well as his older brother and sister, have really been interested in the whole campaigning process and had no hesitation voicing who they wanted to be president. Britt was part of the 40% of our family who voted for Obama. The other 60% cast our votes for McCain and the spunky lady in the red pumps. It's been a great opportunity this past 2 years to learn and talk about politics. Obama and Britt both had good days yesterday.


Chuck E. Cheese, please!


New love: Clone Wars

Ultimate 7 year old cake topper

A new set of wheels for this wannabe BMXer

Safety first

5 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Brittan!!

And way to go involving your kids in the political process! Such a good experience for them. I think it's good for them to see that even within a family their are different opinions, too! That's how it was at our house - a few of us for one and a few of us for another. I love when kids are taught to think for themselves! GO GREGSONS!

Rita said...

Happiest Birthday, Brittan!

Kenna voted for Obama once,earlier this year and then switched her vote to McCain. Maybe SHE should be a politician! When I asked why she changed her mind she said her friend told her that Obama was going to make kids go to school for longer hours every day. Nice.

Mitchell Family said...

I would have to concur, britt's bday is as important! secondly, he looks pretty dang cute as a bmx-er. future x games athlete?

Suzanne said...

So, Britt and Katelyn have the same birthday! So, he's an "old one" for his grade! What's funny is, I was trying to push Chuck E. Cheese on Katelyn - then we would've run into y'all there! But, NO! She wanted the new Texas Roadhouse! What 4-yr. old knows about Texas Roadhouse?!? Is it one of "those Chain Restaurants" you're not so fond of? If so, I bet you feel luckier than us! =)

Trent and Britni said...

Happy Birthday Britt!! It looks like you had a fun day!

Kristen, I got a new calling last sunday. I'm not sure if I've told you, but I am the Primary Secretary. I am super excited about it. You've got to love those primary kids. =)