November 10 - 14, 2008, Taiden Mackintosh Gregson will be officially known as Governor in Mrs. Gundry's class at Farmington Elementary in Farmington, Utah. This title is bestowed upon him because he is student of the week in his class. Governor sounds so much cooler than any other bland name that simply states you're in the spotlight. I'm not sure exactly what he'll do as Governor of his class. Perhaps he'll lead his fellow 4th graders to lunch in an orderly fashion. He might get to help pass out things of importance. He might even be able to make executive decisions for his classmates and work in partnership with his teacher for the betterment of his class. I'm sure whatever Governor Taiden does, he will do it with a grin, a pleasant disposition, and a slight blush on his cheeks because he's not one to love being the center of attention.
As part of his gubernatorial inauguration (although gubernatorial is fun to say, who the heck came up with that word?), we put together a bulletin board telling about Taiden and showing what he's all about. We put up lots of pictures.
I Like:
Christmas, Halloween, skateboarding, snowboarding, good food, my baby brother Shaw, Disneyland, my Nintendo DS, the color blue, fall, Star Wars, computers, biking, exercising, soccer, Spongebob, Baked Beans, BYU, Baby Ruth candy bars, Lego and Bionicles, the book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, song: Pictures of You
3 Things that Describe Me:
1. I am funny
2. I am nice
3. I like to eat
When I Grow Up I Want to Be:
Someone who builds robots
6 comments:
Congratulations to the governor!
Governor Gregson has a nice ring to it and wouldn't it be nice to have a HUMBLE politician who could build a robot!
Go Governor Taiden! Hats off to you my friend! =)
Congratulations, Taiden! What a great kid.
Mrs. Gundry has "Governor" weeks? It does sound vaguely familiar...but my Husband attended her Back to School night, not me. I hope I didn't forget Kyle's - Thanks to your "heads up" I guess I better actually PRINT some of his photos instead of keeping the last 3 years worth on my computer, so I can be prepared! :)
I am quite interested in Children's books (translated, "Obsessed.") So, naturally, I noticed the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" title and wondered if that was by the same author who wrote the "Diary of a Spider" and "Diary of a Worm" books? (Because those are very good!) I'll be putting that on my Library hold list!
Good job Taiden!
Post a Comment