Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Transylvania Lady Fingers (aka - Witchy Fingers)


Firmly set in our Halloween traditions, we make these every year for a FHE. They are creepy to look at but incredibly tasty. Usually we add red decorating gel to give it a most delightful "severed" effect, but Smith's was out and I didn't have the energy to run around town looking for some. Try them. Your kids, and your taste buds, will thank you.
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cube butter or margarine, room temp.
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
  • stick pretzels
  • sliced almonds
  • red decorating gel (optional)

Cream peanut butter, butter, and vanilla together. Add enough powdered sugar to make a workable dough (not too dry but not sticky either). Form dough around pretzel (which acts as the crunchy bone) making sure to indent to make knuckles. Use toothpicks to make creases like real fingers have. Add almond for fingernail. Use red gel for gory look. Can also make stubby toes. ** If the dough gets too dry, add a bit of milk.



5 comments:

Rita said...

They look disgusting and sound wonderful! I think we'll be trying this one out.

Melissa said...

They look so real! I'm going to try them for a party on Friday. Will you send me an email and let me know about how many the recipe makes?

Amy and Brad said...

NASTY!! My kids will love 'em :)

Aim said...

Your recipe is different than the one that I have eaten before. I will have to try yours.

Trent and Britni said...

I am not going to lie, I am so excited you posted this recipe! We are totally going to make them at our Halloween party on Friday!! I think they are awesome!