Friday, October 3, 2008

Home Decorating: Taiden Style



I was dusting one day and came across this little gem that Taiden had left behind. I love finding decorating attempts that the kids leave in their wake. Years ago, I would have quickly removed the green monster-thingy so that everything would be just so and the world wouldn't spin off it's axis. I have learned, slowly, that our house is a home full of smudges, spills, stinks, and imperfections and that rubber monsters attached to decorative objects simply means that this home is LIVED in and not a showroom. I had to fight the urge to remove this "dentist office trinket" for 2 weeks. But I let it be, made Taiden feel like he did something clever, and smiled EVERY time I walked past it.

2 comments:

Rita said...

What a cute BOY...such a boy!!

Amy and Brad said...

Love the picture! I think you should just continue to leave it and see how many weeks it stays! It's such a conversation piece for household visitors!