Monday, April 25, 2011

I Know, I Know, I Know...


Dear Blog,

You hate me now, huh?

I guess the word on the street is that I've given you up for another blog. That sleek, polished, hotshot blog over at Elite Craft Homes. The one that is paying me for my words and domesticated advice and whatever else wants to spill out of my fingertips.

(...ahhhh, please don't cry.....)

You see, dear blog of mine, you will always be my first. My numero uno. My baby. You are the one who allowed me to find my voice in writing again and didn't judge me when I fumbled and follied. You sat up with me, usually late at night, and patiently waited for me to record my personal thoughts, maddening frustrations, humorous quips, and embarrassing moments.

You let me tell about this.

Oh, and don't forget about that.

Dear me, did I really publish a post that talked about my sistas in a less than flattering light?

And then there was the whining.

Oh, cherished Bloggeroni, I don't want to try and make excuses. Excuses fall flat when there is heartbreak involved (I know you're an inanimate object, but I like to think that you have a heart). It started with the house construction. I became more distant because my life was a dust and noise filled circus that clouded my judgement and I neglected you. Then came the holidays. Busy weeks packed with festivities that left little time for blogging with you. Then came January. Who wants to do anything that time of year? Blah! I said hello to Seasonal Affective Disorder..the sun was hidden and so was my desire to write. Our trip was in February. Can I blame it on the fact that I ate a million pounds of macadamia nuts that somehow stunted my abilities to write meaningful prose?

Then March was silent.

April was hushed.

On the bright side, Bloggerista, there have been a handful of people looking out for you. Readers out there who have worried, and questioned, and even threatened bodily harm to me if I didn't get back together with you.

So here I am.

I can't promise daily visitations. I can't guarantee worthwhile narratives that will do anything but take up too much of your time. I can't pledge that I won't occasionally bring up the droopy sistas or embarrass myself beyond recognition.

What I can promise is that I will be here. At least a couple of times a week. I'm not sure what will end up on the screen for all the world to see. Let's just hope and pray that it doesn't award me an unflattering reputation or land me on the 10 o'clock news .

Treasured Bloggety Blog Blog, I am back.

(And let's hope the readers come back too.)



Love and affection,

Kristen

5 comments:

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

It's been a while since I've been this happy... You have been missed!

sydney g. said...

Congrats on the new gig!

Unknown said...

OK, that was me, NOT Sydney. I HATE the "stay signed in" feature.

Rita said...

Happy you're back!

Suzanne said...

Since you've got an "IN" with Elite Craft Homes now, will you tell them to get going on our phase [that was suppose to be DONE 3 1/2 yrs. ago] ASAP!! And then to sell it to us for a screamin' deal?!? (since they've been earning interest on OUR money since Aug. 2005!) Surely, you could work these kind of miracles for us, RIGHT?!? :)