Monday, December 6, 2010

Peace, Be Still



A very simplified Christmas season has made its way to the Gregson home.

Simplified to the extent that only the tree, the mantel and the front door are being decorated.



This year I've decided to cast aside the fervor and perfection of Christmases past. I've laid to rest my tendencies to overdo and overspend and overrun our lives with too much stuff in too little time.

With these attempts, I hope that our family can truly feel the spirit of the season.

A simplified, Christ-centered season.

4 comments:

matt and suz said...

AMEN!! I tried that, too -- WITH MUCH PROTEST! My reason was to keep the clutter-look out of my home I'm suppose to show to anyone who is looking to buy - on SHORT NOTICE.

Kristen said...

Suzanne - Oh, I had protests too...mostly from Britt. But he'll survive and have a much happier mother because it will take me all of an hour to put everything away after Christmas. :)

Julie said...

Good for you! Christmas is really just about one thing - the birth of the Savior. WE are the ones who make it about everything else. Simplification is my motto for everything these days. It seems so much easier to truly savor experiences when things are kept simple.

Trent and Britni said...

You are SO good! I always love the Christmas season, but it is so true that it just becomes so crazy and overwhelming. I love you my friend! You are amazing!!