I've mentioned before that I blog for several reasons.
First, I like to write. My blog is my chance to do this. Sometimes my writing feels spot on and natural and sometimes feels awkward and forced. Blogging helps me through weekly writing exercises.
Second, I like to feel like I'm talking to somebody other than myself on this blog. I know there are a handful of you who are regulars. Most of you I know in person, but I'm aware that I have several blogging friends out there whom I haven't had the privilege to meet. Friends who live in various parts of the good old U.S. of A. and a few that live overseas. That part of blogging is very mysterious and intriguing to me. (Especially You - You evasive United Kingdom enigma. Can't you at least leave one comment?)
Third, I want my blog - which will eventually be printed out and bound in a family book - to prove to my kids that they did have some fun in their childhood. That their early lives were not just a long, drawn out snore-fest full of boredom and lethargy. I want them to see that we worked hard and played hard. And we did it as a family. I especially want them to see that the Summer of 2010 was not a complete waste. That - although it is the summer of endless house projects - we did manage to have at least one fun outing every single week. And that the weekly campfires in the backyard, evening popsicle pow wows under our trees, and strolls along Lagoon trail counted for something. They may not have registered high on the summer fun radar, but they allowed for quiet family time during the busiest time of our family history.
This week's family field trip started with lunch at the Lone Star Taqueria. We'd never been there before, but when Guy Fieri - from Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives - told us we needed to try it out, we did just as he said.
So glad we did. The boys and I got Carne Asada burritos which were delicious. The tomatillo salsa is out of this world. But the star of the meal was Kennedy's marinated pork salad with jalapeno mayo dressing. Unbelievable! They have the best guacamole I've ever eaten.
The place was packed, so we had to park at the city library which was a block away.
The kids loved the car and funky atmosphere.
I bought the kids flavored honey sticks.
There's a part of me that would have loved to have been raised on a farm. Because with a farm comes a beautiful farm house. We loved this one and the detailed wood work on the porch.
Pigs, cows, donkeys, rabbits, goats, chickens, turkeys, and ducks.
We took a fun wagon ride.
1 comments:
The best part of being raised on a farm is that you can blame your potty mouth on the sheep's idiotic behavior :D (not that I would do anything so immature).
Post a Comment